Closer, closer, Just a little closer.... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That fighter driver knows his stuff to keep it back there in that air. Very pretty piece of flying.

On a side note, are the intakes on that fighter adjustable? Looks like they are from that shot as they seem to be wide open. Might help with the credibility of the shot.

Virtually all modern fighters air intakes are adjustable. Just think of the MiG-21 and Mirage jets with the adjustable aerospikes. Keeps the air subsonic while intering the engine first stage. For low speed operations you want max airflow.

Virtually all modern fighters air intakes are adjustable. Just think of the MiG-21 and Mirage jets with the adjustable aerospikes. Keeps the air subsonic while intering the engine first stage. For low speed operations you want max airflow.

air is compressible, and the shape of a diffuser and a nozzle shift as airflow becomes supersonic - which is why jets have adjusting intakes to act as a diffuser, increasing the pressure of the air before it even enters the compressor section of the gas generator. There's my simple understanding of aero.

hehe, i love military slang, over here the RAF are the crabs, the navy are the matelocks or skates, the RAF reg. are rock apes, Female soldiers are lumpy jumpers or racks (something you screw against a wall) but my all time favourite is the NATO- Normal Army Tea Order, white 2 sugars :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back