Dec 26, 2007 #1 Graeme 1st Sergeant 4,615 2,828 Joined May 31, 2007 From AviaQuiz - Name That Plane! Any ideas?
Dec 28, 2007 #3 ccheese Member In Perpetuity 12,408 138 Joined Jul 10, 2007 Location Virginia Beach, Va. Kinda looks like a Grumman A6E "Intruder" Charles
Dec 28, 2007 Thread starter #4 Graeme 1st Sergeant 4,615 2,828 Joined May 31, 2007 paaln said: Vampire trainer? Click to expand... I'm with you on this one paaln. But they're a fussy bunch when it comes to naming. What would you call it? De Havilland DH.115 Vampire, De Havilland T.Mk 11, or just De Havilland Vampire Trainer? Charles, I think it's too small to be an A-6.
paaln said: Vampire trainer? Click to expand... I'm with you on this one paaln. But they're a fussy bunch when it comes to naming. What would you call it? De Havilland DH.115 Vampire, De Havilland T.Mk 11, or just De Havilland Vampire Trainer? Charles, I think it's too small to be an A-6.
Dec 28, 2007 #5 Kurfürst Staff Sergeant 1,076 16 Joined Mar 13, 2005 Location Aquincum, Pannonia Prima Graeme said: From AviaQuiz - Name That Plane! Any ideas? Click to expand... Let`s call it 'Sam'. 8)
Dec 29, 2007 #6 Heinz Captain 7,686 19 Joined Feb 6, 2007 Location Melbourne, Victoria Graeme said: I'm with you on this one paaln. But they're a fussy bunch when it comes to naming. What would you call it? De Havilland DH.115 Vampire, De Havilland T.Mk 11, or just De Havilland Vampire Trainer? Charles, I think it's too small to be an A-6. Click to expand... I thought that too, the other night. Wasn't sure though, Charles' suggestion also lept to mind. Hmmm...
Graeme said: I'm with you on this one paaln. But they're a fussy bunch when it comes to naming. What would you call it? De Havilland DH.115 Vampire, De Havilland T.Mk 11, or just De Havilland Vampire Trainer? Charles, I think it's too small to be an A-6. Click to expand... I thought that too, the other night. Wasn't sure though, Charles' suggestion also lept to mind. Hmmm...
Dec 29, 2007 #7 paaln Airman 93 0 Joined Feb 1, 2006 Location Oslo they don't want designation, it seems, so vampire will do, if correct. The Vampire trainers we had in our air force were T.55, btw.
they don't want designation, it seems, so vampire will do, if correct. The Vampire trainers we had in our air force were T.55, btw.
Dec 30, 2007 Thread starter #8 Graeme 1st Sergeant 4,615 2,828 Joined May 31, 2007 paaln said: they don't want designation, it seems, so vampire will do, if correct. The Vampire trainers we had in our air force were T.55, btw. Click to expand... Spot on paaln!... "De Havilland Vampire"... AviaQuiz - Name That Plane! Quizs' Archive
paaln said: they don't want designation, it seems, so vampire will do, if correct. The Vampire trainers we had in our air force were T.55, btw. Click to expand... Spot on paaln!... "De Havilland Vampire"... AviaQuiz - Name That Plane! Quizs' Archive
Dec 30, 2007 #10 Njaco The Pop-Tart Whisperer 22,572 2,807 Joined Feb 19, 2007 Location Fla-eee-dah! Can we still call it Sam? You guys beat me to it. I just completed a 1/72 model of this last year.
Dec 30, 2007 #11 SoD Stitch Banned 974 4 Joined Jun 19, 2007 Location Pine Mountain Lake, California Cool! I was gonna say a rear view of a Douglas AH-1D Skyraider.