Cold War tanks, pre-89?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jan it is very difficult to say. The reason for that is that there could be differences in construction etc... For instance the Polish made T-54 and 55 were modified with a couple of details ( for example: the ZIP box on a tank turret ). This makes them a little bit different form those made in Russia. Not always the kit manufactures follow the particular vehicle but make them in general , following the base type. Just they make the shape of a model without making a focus on the differences and include different decal markings only. But the Chinese made T-55 for example, could have a gun of a different calibre and the turret could be of a slightly different shape contrary to those used by Russians. Therefore it is good to find a picture ( pictures ) or drawings of the vehicle you are interesting in building.

Last edited:
True my friend....
Thought that it'd fun to have a few cold war tanks....
That Tamiya T-55A (35257, 2002), with the necessary parts, looks like the way forward, turning her into a Polish T-54A....
Did you guys have the T-62?
Thought that I'd concentrate to one each of Polish, East German, Russian, Hungary, Yugoslavian and a Romanian tanks....and keep it to the 70's!
Should be OK for T-54/55's, T-62 and maybe T-72....

Just a thought and it should bring some interesting discussions, I hope!

IMG_20160802_012308.jpg

One more day before I get home Jan. I'll see what I can dig up

Appreciated as always buddy!

As far as I know it is a new tool kit released by the Zvezda in 2004. Although it looks nice some of working and putty is required.Also it would be nice if the kit tracks were replaced with other aftermarket ones.

Cool, that's just what I've read, sounds good to me, maybe worth trying Zvezda at some point!

Don't know if Tamiya have re-tooled their T-55, but the original kit was quite nice for the time. Built this one around 1978 ish from memory.

2011-04-11_18.JPG
2011-04-11_21.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
:thumbright:

Jan... maybe you should stop looking for aftermarket accessories and save some of money. Just buy the cardboard model of the GPM and have a model of a T-55A with correct details. :lol:

Page-01.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back