Completed model display and storage

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

johnchanlon

Airman
Dec 14, 2008
johnchanlon.com
Hi guys,

I've been looking through some of the awsome models you guys put together and I was wondering how you display or store them at home?

Having been absent from modelling for about 7 years I'm ready to get back into it but I would like to decide on a "safe" storage method for the completed models as the 30 odd 1/72 aircraft I have been carting around with me, after several moves are not much better than spares now :cry:

Any pics would be great, I have been thinking of a modular sort of display shelving, once I get my scanner I will upload something to show you what I mean.

John.

There are many ways for that.It depends on some things.For instance, how much room you have there.If you can store models in a saparate room you can do it with glass shelves or a kind of glass cases.The second way is better because you can protect models against the dust.Of course these glass cases can be of modular sort.So it can be easy to set them up.What is more the number of the cases can be increased step by step when new models appear and there can be luck of space for them in the last one.

Some guys here hang their models on the ceiling with fishing line.But I don't suggest the way because it is very hard to keep models clean of the dust.

Other members use different shelves, wooden ones for example.Personally I keep my collection in a coupboard with semi-glass-case.

Attachments

• szafa1.jpg
    szafa1.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 146
  • szafa2.jpg
    szafa2.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 155
  • szafa3.jpg
    szafa3.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 150
  • szafa4.jpg
    szafa4.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 144
Heres what I use - picked up at IKEA for about $99. It works well and I think I need another one!

Attachments

• display02.jpg
    display02.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 149
  • display01.jpg
    display01.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 130
THX. There has been the similar topic somewhere in the forum earlier.Look around these older ones, please.

Nice display cabinets, and I see yours has stereo for the engine sounds Wojtek!
Unfortunately, mine are mainly on semi-open shelves, but I'm looking at getting glass or perspex cases made to fit them.

If you meant this one, you are right but if you mean the one in the deep corner it is Il-2 Sturmovik.Quite old models.

Attachments

• Img_0082.jpg
    Img_0082.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 141
Img_1437.jpg

Img_1436.jpg

Img_1439.jpg

Sorry about the size. Still haven't figured out how to shrink photos. I'm sure someone more computer savvy will adjust the size for me. This showcase wasn't cheap but I was sick of breaking off pitot tubes etc every time I dusted them when I had them in an Ikea case previously. At the time I was single and could get away with spending the money!

If you upload them to photobucket or imageshack, you can have them resize at the same time. I've been having issues with imageshack recently, so I've started using photobucket. haven't had a drama yet!

Oh, and that Fokker is the Revell kit..? Nice kit, I did it when I was younger too.

Crunch: Not sure, was a while ago. All I can remember is possibly the scale was maybe 1/18 and my computer literacy is not there yet but thanks for suggestion. John: It's only a household fluro and no fading so far that I've noticed and best of all it is lockable (great if you got kids) and keeps almost all the dust out. I call it my tv cause I can turn it on and watch for hours!

Sean

Users who are viewing this thread

Back