Covid-19 reports

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Horse dewormer?

Er....they won't take a vaccine but they will take a horse dewormer?

Is this some logic I don't get?

Surely any rational argument against a vaccine is the same as taking a horse dewormer?

Horse dewormer?

Er....they won't take a vaccine but they will take a horse dewormer?

Is this some logic I don't get?

Surely any rational argument against a vaccine is the same as taking a horse dewormer?
It was just a joke-fable, where a fable features animals, legendary creatures, plants, inanimate objects, or forces of nature that are anthropomorphized, and that illustrates or leads to a particular moral lesson (a "moral"), which may at the end be added explicitly as a concise maxim or saying (wiki).
Nobody will take a horse dewormer (exept in a Marx Brothers movie, A Day at the Races I believe), but as I remember some people drank chlorine cleaner, because a great leader said so...or did he....

Actually some have taken a dewormer for Covid. Largely thanks to misinformation from Faux News.

Warfarin can be used to kill rodents or as an anti coagulant, these is a massive difference between the quality and doses of the drug, you cant even use industrial oxygen in a hospital without killing people. Having people self medicate from what they have heard somewhere is dangerous nonsense.

Agreed. I trust my doctor to prescribe for me the proper medication to treat whatever ails me. I do not shop the internet looking for that great miracle cure, no matter how hot the model in the ad looks.

Speaking of anti-coagulants, my brother had to take Lovenox for the blood clot in his lung while in the hospital. I do not relish his hospital bill.
My wife needed it to treat her DVT when she was pregnant with our fourth child.
We had to pay out of pocket for three months before the insurance agreed to cover it. The cost was 1.5 times my monthly take home pay at the time.

Referring to it as a cure for Covid is fake news…

My mother had a pulmonary embolism, she was treated with warfarin, a side effect is dizziness, she fell down the stairs, split her lip and banged her knee. I called an ambulance straight away, by the time she arrived in hospital she looked like the victim of a serious assault/RTA.

Referring to it as a cure for Covid is fake news…
The report recommends neither for nor against its use to treat (not cure) Covid. Everybody wants the silver bullet, but each person is unique. Treatments that work on some are deadly for others, which is why the vaccine has killed thousands. The percentage of people dying from the vaccine is a miniscule fraction of those dosed, but if you are one of the unfortunate ones, what difference does it make whether it was the disease or the cure that killed you?

Why isnt the same argument used for driving cars, consuming alcohol and almost every human activity, people should stay in bed all day and find out just how dangerous staying in bed all day is, especially if everyone else does.

Users who are viewing this thread