CWH Lancaster in Edmonton

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Two weekends ago the Canadian Warplane Heritage Lancaster flew into Edmonton to do a air show at Cold Lake AFB. Apparently the only reason it was based in Edmonton and not Cold Lake (which is a few hours' drive north) was because they didn't have anywhere to display it effectively to the public, so we got very lucky. There are also some videos of it taking off and doing a flyby, but those are on another computer so I'll have to grab them. We don't have the best camera, so bear with the quality, nothing like Eric or Gary post! It was really cramped above the bomb bay, but once you got past it you could stand up.

DSCN1102.jpg

DSCN1103.jpg

DSCN1104.jpg

DSCN1106.jpg

DSCN1107.jpg

DSCN1108.jpg

DSCN1109.jpg

DSCN1110.jpg

DSCN1111.jpg

DSCN1112.jpg

DSCN1113.jpg

DSCN1115.jpg

DSCN1116.jpg

DSCN1117.jpg

DSCN1118.jpg

DSCN1120.jpg

DSCN1121.jpg

It was cool! We could have probably gone through again, but when we checked the line again it was huge, so I'm glad we showed up early! Videos tomorrow hopefully. I know some of them are somewhat repetitive, but I figured I'd post them anyway. You don't really get an idea of just how big these things are until you're right up close to them. I'm 5'8", so hopefully that will give you an idea of the size.

Wow. Thats a great set of shots mate.

I know what you mean about the size of these things....they look big....and then you get to stand underneath !

Great Pics! Thanks for sharing. I'd love to see A Lanc in person! Anyone know if there is there one in the US?

I'd say chances of one being in the States would be pretty slim. Other than a collector, I would not think any would have been brought over.

Fantasitc shots man, thanks! I've only seen a lanc once and that was G for George 90 Mission veteran at the Australian War Memorial. I'm determined to see one fly one day.

Cheers.

Great Pic's, Catch. That baby looks absolutely pristine !! Probably beter that the day it rolled off the asembly
line. I'm sure the plane is in good hands....

Charles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back