CWH Lancaster in Edmonton

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice pics! This is my first post and I am a huge Lanc fan. Unfortunatley I miss seeing her in Edmonton as I had just got home from holidays and only heard that she was there on the 11:00 news and they just showed it taking off and leaving.
As for if there is any Lancs in the US the answer is yes. A private collector in Florida has a full plane and I think a partial airframe of another.

The Calgary Lancaster is only for display and is at a museum in the city. The Lancaster that catch22 is refering to is located in Nanton Alberta south of Calgary and yes they do have the 2 starboard engines the inside port engine being rebuilt. I don't believe they will ever make her airworthy again but they will have all four merlins running which is pretty cool IMHO.

For more info on the surviving Lancs go to Nanton Lancaster Society Air Museum .

Cheers
Marc

Thanks for the post, nice pictures. I saw her fly in the early 90's at a Wings Over Houston airshow. It was exciting to see her fly. She is a regular at Thunder over Michigan if anyone wants to see her in action.

DBII

Sweet shots mate! 8)

Couple weeks back I was up north ,took a look at a museum where they have a Lanc

Powerful bird!

Spose I should get some photos up :oops:

My fault I didn't notice until today these great pics are here. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back