D4Y Judy Dive Bomber cutaway (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

skiswimcycle

Airman
Feb 20, 2008
Would any with a cutaway of the "Judy" Dive bomber, which replaced the Sally?
D4Y.

Last edited:
This is from the Japanese "Mechanism of Military Aircraft Series"

Attachments

• 04 - Copy.jpg
    04 - Copy.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 2,066
Are there any manuals and other related detailed info's, shematics, parts assemballies etc for this bird onsite or available? I did a search, but most of it was just people talking or having 'debates'...

Thanks in advance for any and all assisting posts members/postees :)
(calling you 'posters' just makes you sound colourful but flat and 2 dimensional...)

Last edited:
Here is some more

Attachments

• 02 - Copy.jpg
    02 - Copy.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 657
  • bomb1.jpg
    bomb1.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 645
  • side2.jpg
    side2.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 695
  • radio.jpg
    radio.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 687
  • engine.jpg
    engine.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 676
  • fuel.jpg
    fuel.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 664
  • gun.bmp
    221.3 KB · Views: 654
  • side.bmp
    349.1 KB · Views: 656
  • bomb2.bmp
    952.7 KB · Views: 779
You wondn't have a nice flat scan of that cutaway would you?

We're restoring one (of two in the world) and could use a good cutaway!

Just FYI, we're almost ready to mate the wing to the fuselage. it is located at the planes of Fame Museum, Chino, CA.

Update: The Judy has now been moved out of a private, secluded restoration area into the public restoration hangar, and we are very close to mating the wing to the fuselage. It is located at Chino airport in Chino, CA, U.S.A, and you are all invited to come and see it in person.

And I'd STILL like to get a nice flat scan of taht cutaway!

Last edited:
You wondn't have a nice flat scan of that cutaway would you?

We're restoring one (of two in the world) and could use a good cutaway!

Just FYI, we're almost ready to mate the wing to the fuselage. it is located at the planes of Fame Museum, Chino, CA.

Update: The Judy has now been moved out of a private, secluded restoration area into the public restoration hangar, and we are very close to mating the wing to the fuselage. It is located at Chino airport in Chino, CA, U.S.A, and you are all invited to come and see it in person.

And I'd STILL like to get a nice flat scan of taht cutaway!

Sorry Greg I missed your post

Here is the best one I have Enjoy

Charlie

Attachments

• Flatscan.JPG
    Flatscan.JPG
    149 KB · Views: 2,954
Many thanks Krieghund, I apprecaite it. Should have posted this MUCH sooner ...

Our own Judy is looking very good indeed. We have a radial-powered version and are now fitting the ejector exhausts to the aircraft. It looks absolutely beautiful!

BTW, I wish those Japanese Model Art and Maru Mechanic books get English translations instead of the zillionth book on the bloody Me 262!

Thanks! Have lots more ... I've been experimenting with making the 3-views transparent to one another but not the background. I think it adds to the effect, but does take some time. Can make the lines (or the fill, for that matter ...) any color, but chose a dark green due to close match to the paint color and white for neutrality. It works with almost any background. The bitmap makes it look bad. In native format it is crisp, clear and you see each individual rivet.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back