DEFINITE WWII VINTAGE, BUT FROM WHAT ALLIED AIRCRAFT? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Howdy!
Just joined this fine WWII Aircraft discussion site, and have meant to for awhile now, BUT HAVE BEEN DRIVEN FOR YOU GUYS EXPERT OPINIONS--AS I'M STUMPED!
Attached here are two very good photos of an aircraft window frame that is being offered to me as a W.W.II Bomber's rear gunner's window. Now, that's wrong, BUT, IT IS CLEARLY OF W.W.II VINTAGE--WITHOUT A DOUBT, AND I DEFINITELY AGREE, DID GO WITHIN AN AIRCRAFT.
CAN ANYONE IDENTIFY THIS WINDOW?
IS IT A SPECIAL PHOTOGRAPHY WINDOW FOR RE-CON FROM A P-38?--Or possibly a B-24?

The photograph of the inside of this frame has a heater in its upper middle I noted. That is clearly a heater unit.

I hope I've done all correctly here posting this 'thread' guys as I'm very, very new to the chat scene, and that you can see the photos I've attached ok?

If not, please let me know ASAP--Thank you, and thank y'all for your most respected opinions here.

12 O'clock High!

Attachments

• wwiiUSaircraftUnknownWindow.jpg
    wwiiUSaircraftUnknownWindow.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 192
  • wwiiUSaircraftUnknownWindow2.jpg
    wwiiUSaircraftUnknownWindow2.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 203
It looks more like a screen from an armoured, or at least military vehicle - detachable, by use of the brackets on the sides - rather than from an aircraft. Got any dimensions?

That was my first thought too. There's a rounded bracket on the bottom that looks like it would have fit to a turret hatch or flange of some kind.The rod and wing nuts look like clamps to hold it in place. Is the frame alumimun or steel? That would be a clue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back