Delicious!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

comiso90

Senior Master Sergeant
Dec 19, 2006
FL
Do you guys use Delicious?

It's social bookmarking.. STAY WITH ME.

Advantage one:
Instead of saving bookmarks that reside in a browser on a designated computer, bookmarks live on a server. No matter which computer you are on, you may access your precious bookmarks. No more copy and pasting links from your work computer to your home computer and futzing with e-mail to re-bookmark something.

Advantage two:
You can share your bookmarks with others.. good stuff!

Advantage three:
If you find a web page link you like on delicious.com, you can browse other pages bookmarked by that user.
Example:if user C Bronson on Delicious has bookmarked a site on luftwaffe cannons you may want to see what else he was impressed enough to bookmark. Chances are you have similar interests.

Networking!

Advantage four:
Use it as a search engine. The items returned are not mined by bots and ran through an algorithm like Google, they are sites recommend by fellow enthusiasts. Eyeballs liked what they saw!

Advantage five:
you can organize your bookmarks into folders

STAY WITH ME

Advantage six:
There are free plugin tools that are integrated with Firefox that make it really easy to "Tag" a web site and send it to your bookmarks with one click

Advantage seven:
For the letches out there.. you can keep certain bookmarks private. Matt?

Advantage eight:
Users can send recommended bookmarks to each other (yes, the same as number two but it's important)

Advantage nine:
Free and easy... just an e-mail and a password.. they dont spam you

Advantage ten:
SEO.. Search Engine Optimization... Returns on Google are motivated by "Track Backs" (links to sites) If 50 people tag Aircraft of World War II, it's return rate on the search engines will increase.

The Suggestion:

Cool stuff, you can look at someones bookmarks and see what turns their crank. You guessed it, my user name on delicious is comiso90. I dont have much cool history stuff bookmarked as I'm in self-eduction mode at the moment but sign up and check it out.

Not sold yet? ww2aircraft.net can start an account where users may send bookmarks to the master account. A mod can decide the merit of the bookmark and decide to save or trash it.

Everybody's favorite bookmarks all in one place... the cult will grow and we will all learn.

It's a force multiplier for searching the crap we're interested in - night vision goggles, air strike or a computer gun sight for searching the web!

The end result would be a massive compendium of captivating and twisted knowledge...

Make the internet your B!tch!

Nope I don't. Use a Firefox extension that does the same thing but keeps the bookmarks locally and downloads and syncs them from the server on as many computers as you want (in my case 2).

It's not just about the bookmarks... that's only one component.

Attachments

• -meta-kitteh.jpg
    -meta-kitteh.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 1,024

Users who are viewing this thread

Back