DH Mosquito B bomb aimer

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yes, should be able to get that done. Believe it or not, although I still have a VHS player, I don't have a T.V.! When the power switch packed up, I found it would be the same price to buy a new T.V. as it would for a repair and, as there isn't much on U.K. channels that I watch, I just didn't bother!
I never even thought of copying the tape, as most people seem to be on DVD now!
I'll get it done as soon as possible, and send it to you, with an explanatory note, as there's quite a lot on it, about four hours or more, IIRC!
Even if it doesn't contain what you need, I think you'll enjoy it. But, please don't lend it or show it publicly, as I'm not supposed to copy it!
I'll try to get it done within the next week.
Cheers,
Terry.

That would be great, Terry ! Of course I only use it for myself and will not lend it or show it in public. You can be sure of that. Greetings from the Netherlands, Rijnko.

Update 1-1-2009: No progress yet. Even cannot find where the bomb release button was connected on the bomb aimers position. So the Mosquito bomb aimer's compartment is still a mystery. Happy new year!

Well here is the best bomb sight picture in a mosquito that Ive found so far. Take a look.

Attachments

• bomb sight.JPG
    bomb sight.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 265
Thanks Micdrow. The bomb sight is however not the problem. There are a couple of photo's of Mosquito bombers with different bomb sights available. The correct position of the bomb aimers panel and bomb release button connection is the big mystery to me. So if you could find a photo of these I would be very pleased.

Rijnko, I've been trying to e-mail you again, but the messages are being rejected. I suspect it is the 'protection' system on your e-mail server, stopping unknown, or spam messages. Could you e-mail or PM your address again, as I have mislaid it!
Should be getting tape ready to send to you next week (5 Jan onwards).
Terry.

End of 2009 and still no photo found or received of the right position of the bomb aimers panel. Have to cancel this project alas.
Best wishes,
Rijnko

I could not let this project down and started to build the bomb aimers section anyway. After someone donated a lot of instruments and parts for the instrument panel I also extended the compartment with the pilots office. I am still working on that. Hope to finish it soon.
Rijnko

Users who are viewing this thread

Back