DHL Mallware!!!! Do NOT download.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

N4521U

Colonel
Nov 1, 2009
Miranda, NSW
Be extra careful if you have a package being shipped and get a DHL notification to download an app for following.
I have posted a package to N. Carolina from Sydney, aside from the package taking a few weeks to get off the ground and to the U.S. (Covid)?
I just today had a message in Messenger to down load DHL's tracking App.
First indicator should have been "if it is not able to download, got to settings and.........." It's F'n mallware.
When you go to Settings, Apps as soon as you get to where DHL sits to delete it, this window will close. And MESSENGER is no longer your preferred app, It Don't work!
The DHL Mallware now has control of messages and sends them out like crazy.
It must be deleted in an android from SAFE mode. Take just a couple of minutes but This page on this link worked a treat.
The video is no longer available, but the description below it is right on!!
What crap.....................................
Bill (Davidsonski) :cool: :banghead2:

In general be careful. Spam Mails trying to get you to install malware love to disguise themselves as a commonly used service. Always take a look at the ACTUAL link in a message, not what it claims to be.

Heck, I received malware links as SMS, that was new to me.

Addendum to the above: I received a SMS that said I had gotten new messages and should check my mailbox, with end of the sentence underlined as if it were a phone-link to my mailbox, but it was of course some pay-to-pay number, which I only noted by chance.

I used to block them then an article in the tech news said that is a waste of effort because the phone number is as fake as the rest of the message so you are blocking someone innocent that you may actually know.

I now just delete all messages saying You have a package ------ or (the other one that is common at present) Your photo is on xxx website --- or any others that look sus

Last couple of days been getting recordings claiming they are Amazon and those get the heave ho as well

Nice work in highlighting that. It's been a problem over here for a couple of years and quite a few people have been caught out by the scam. Always the same warnings on the media outlets, but still catches people out.

Never click on an unsolicited link. If you get an e-mail with a link from, say, "your bank", call the bank and verify over the phone that the email mail is legit, and then handle the business directly with your bank on that call. Never give out login credentials online.

That is because the warnings are usually on news sites but not of farcebook (who are one of several major spreaders of this type of scam and misinform) and that is type of site that the young tend to look at instead of real news.

In case it did not show in your country 'Criminally reckless': Andrew 'Twiggy' Forrest launches 'world-first' criminal case against Facebook

There are better articles on the subject behind paywalls so I used that link as it it open to all.

To quote this article Mr Forrest also alleges that Facebook "failed to create controls or a corporate culture to prevent its systems being used to commit crime".

I keep getting emails claiming the my anti-virus has expred, my Amazon account has been locked, my Paypal account has been limited, etc. First, my anti-virus is paid for with my internet provider so it is always up to date, I have no Amazon account, and Paypal is contantly checked by me personally.

Catch is, I DO get genuine SMS-notification if I get a new message in my phone-mailbox. The pishing message looked quite similar and possibly exactly like the message from another provider. Worse, the genuine notification do include a number that I am supposed to touch to conveniently phone my mailbox right away. It was really only luck that I noticed the pishin mail being slightly different.

My bank addressed this several years ago by only sending a brief Please contact xx at the bank.

They told all customers to treat ALL other messages from the bank as scams.

Since then they have been bought out so I do no know if the same applies. They are now a pack of robbers but the next nearest bank is 50km further away.

My bank addressed this several years ago by only sending a brief Please contact xx at the bank.

My FCU does the same thing. No problems issues are handled solely online, I have to talk to someone. Another good thing they do is scupper out-of-pattern expenditures unless I've given them forewarning.

My FCU does the same thing. No problems issues are handled solely online, I have to talk to someone. Another good thing they do is scupper out-of-pattern expenditures unless I've given them forewarning.

That will not happen here as the government and banks are hand in hand in screwing the public. We had a big Royal Commission into banking and insurance that exposed dishonesty on an unbelievable scale and the Federal government promised to convert nearly all the commissioners recommendations into law. Three years later all they have done is relax regulations.

That will not happen here as the government and banks are hand in hand in screwing the public. We had a big Royal Commission into banking and insurance that exposed dishonesty on an unbelievable scale and the Federal government promised to convert nearly all the commissioners recommendations into law. Three years later all they have done is relax regulations.

I don't know where you are. If I'm going more than a couple of hundred miles away, I simply call my credit union to let them know that, and I can transact cardwise with no prob. I can even give specific ZIP codes for permitted usage. If I don't give them this notification, my FCU will put a stop on the transaction until they hear from me in person.

It's saved me a bit of money and headache, like when my card got hacked a few years ago. "No, I wasn't in El Paso at that time, I gave no permission." They will text me for out-of-pattern use. It's not required by regulation, but it's offered as part of a basic account here.

The big four here have appropriate nicknames
ANZ is ARZ
Commonwealth is known as Collectingweath (for the company)
National is known as Irrational and
Westpac is known by two titles, Wesuck, and, the pedophile support bank (from 20 million or so illegal bank transfers on behalf of pedos and other scum)

The fifth bank used to be great but now it has the worst service (in this area at least) and the highest fees.

A couple of tips for the unwary:

Take a look at the email address of the sender, if it doesn't match the bank or institution name as in "@blahblahblahbank.com", or "@bbb.com", then don't open it. Another clue is to look at the country code of the sender, which'll be something like ".jp" or ".ru" and so on. If the email was from an official source the email address will most likely end in the good ole ".com" or ".co.[the bank should be of the country you live in so it should have your country's code]".

Another clue is in the wording of the post. Most of these scams come from non-English speaking people in non-English speaking countries, so look for spelling mistakes and slightly off grammar. The scammers are getting clever and are replicating official websites, but these guys are not as clever as they could be so slip-ups can be spotted.

Common sense dictates that banks and other companies won't ask for any financial details from us at all and you can hover over a link (without clicking on it) to see where it links to in a tab at the bottom of the screen, so its worth doing that.

In your chosen email provider, set the screen up so you can view the email before clicking on it to open it, too, a basic thing, but an easy one that people miss.

If you are really worried about this, change your email address to one that does not contain your name and has no way of identifying you at all, like a random series of letters and numbers, for example. Scammers can and do commit identity theft and with our names as our email addresses, this makes it that little bit easier for them to track us online. You'll see how effective this is because people and organisations you are regularly in contact will know its you and will respond with your name, but the scammers won't know your details if your email address comes up in whatever means they have of finding these things out. Emails from them will start with "Hi", or "Hi Random set of letters and numbers" or a shortened version of that. If these turn up, delete.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back