Difference between G and K model Bf.109 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That photo is very interesting! Thanks for sharing it. The P-51 looks like an early 361st FG machine, judging by the minimal yellow nose colouring.
Your very welcome.. dunno about the P-51.. its 'Skipper' if that helps.

and while i look it up, do you happen to have any pictures of slovak bf.109G-6s that are not insurgent affiliated?
yup.

slovak.png

Me 109G-6 W.Nr. 161 717 force landed by Sgt. Maj. Poval with Letka 13.

Last edited:
I see Bf.109s in german markings witth red and blue spinners. im told these are flown by slovak pilots. are these aircraft under german control or slovak control?

I see Bf.109s in german markings witth red and blue spinners. im told these are flown by slovak pilots. are these aircraft under german control or slovak control?
I've seen pics like you describe. All flying with Letka 13, but with German pilots.

Hey Ratsel,
You and Sagittario added a few pages here today.

I was mentioning Bf 109G armament today in a miniatures gaming thread.
Could you provide some 'ballpark' numbers for percent of G6 armed with 30mm Mk 108?
For example, Summer 43 5%, Fall 10% Winter 15% Spring 44 20% (just random guessing here!)
How about for the G14? I do understand that the later it was, the more had the Mk 108.
Numbers, percentages or ??? If best guess, please state so!

I know the G10 was supposed to be Mk 108 standard, all I know is "most" had the Mk 108, some did not. No absolutes with the 109!

Sagittario,
Love your avatar

so theyre german pilots in slovak unit? thats quite interesting

German pilots never flew in any Slovak unit, including Letka 13! Have you checked the links I've posted in my post #104 on previous page? Be sure to go through all the pages and read the texts. Bf 109F&G used by Letka 13 on Eastern front were in German property and just "loaned" to Letka 13 and therefore kept German insignia (this are the ones with colored spinners). While operating in the East in 1942-43 Letka 13 was under German control as part of JG 52, hence the designation 13.(Slow.)/JG52 assigned to the unit. Messerschmitts Bf 109E G-6 which wore Slovak national insignia (blue cross with white outline and with red circle in the center) operated by Letka 13 and other units were in Slovak property. What ever the case they were always flown by Slovak pilots.

Like your avatar by the way.

Last edited:
That photo is very interesting! Thanks for sharing it. The P-51 looks like an early 361st FG machine, judging by the minimal yellow nose colouring.

According to my info the P-51 was of the 10th Photographic Group. The picture was taken at Furth-Atzenhof on 8th May 1945 after the Bf109G-10/R2 coming.

Hello Wurger,

Are you sure the G-10 ([5F]Black 12) is not an R-5? I though all G-10 recon would be R-5 (no MG131's). R2 would indicate either 4 x 23kg bomb, 4 x 50kg bomb, or 2 x Wfr.Gr.21 Mortars. I am unaware of any 'normal' G-10 with Nahaufklärungs gruppe 14. If there were, it would not carry the prefix iirc.

Last edited:
I had to reference wings palette for the fuselage code to find the 109. that particular 109 is indeed among the 109G profiles in wings palette. it said it was an R2. but i checked wiki for the R2 and it said it was a bad weather fighter. wiki said the R5 was the recon variant, so that was my final answer

by the way ratsel, im wondering what resources you can use to derive the aircraft's unit by looking at the code. is there a site or book with code to unit references?

by the way ratsel, im wondering what resources you can use to derive the aircraft's unit by looking at the code. is there a site or book with code to unit references?
Books personal notes. Any book by Jochen Prien would be a good investment.

I had to reference wings palette for the fuselage code to find the 109. that particular 109 is indeed among the 109G profiles in wings palette. it said it was an R2. but i checked wiki for the R2 and it said it was a bad weather fighter. wiki said the R5 was the recon variant, so that was my final answer
Doubt the R2 was bad weather designation, but I'll recheck. I know the FuG 218 Neptun was utilized on the Me 109 for such bad weather situations.

Ok. its a tough reality that most information about this sort of stuff isnt readily available on the internet. for me id like to know everything about the Bf.109 and i mean everything :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back