Do you cook?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

whats ppand j:?:

Hopefully a typo of Peanut Butter and Jelly (PB and J).

And not...

Attachments

• Be afraid.gif
    Be afraid.gif
    65.3 KB · Views: 79
Chefs are the bain of my existance , I deal with them every day if they are cool they get called Chef , if they aren't I'll call them the cook. Irks them to no end :lol: . I usually eat free via the cool chefs . Today I was given a big prime rib sandwich with sauted portobellos shrooms and provolone

I admit that I can cook and bake. I can make both cakes and cookies without a box mix. :oops: Ok, I know but the lady's like it when you cook for them....it is a skill that has come in handy. :D Guys get a slow cooker. Throw in a can of french cut green beans, mushrooms, onions, tomato sause and paste. Cover some chicken with italian seasoning and place it on top of the mess. Let is cook for about 6 hours while you are out watching for breaking news. When you return, boil up some pasta. Pour chicken and all over the pasta and serve with a salad. The ladies will think that you worked all day making her diner.

DBII

You definitely got THAT one right, DB..a man that can cook is a sexy thing. One that cleans-up as well?!! I just can't imagine. ::thinks about it for a few:: Nope, can't imagine. :lol: Its probably more than my mind can process.

Chefs are the bain of my existance , I deal with them every day if they are cool they get called Chef , if they aren't I'll call them the cook. Irks them to no end :lol: . I usually eat free via the cool chefs . Today I was given a big prime rib sandwich with sauted portobellos shrooms and provolone

pbfoot it always pays to be nice to the guys and gals who deliver the goods quite a few times stuff has been missing from my orders but a driver has given me stuff from some other drop off where they are not as nice people

I actually cook very often. I am sort of a hobbie chef and enjoy cooking as long as it is with fresh real ingredients.

I especially enjoy cooking Sea Food, Cajun and Creol and Indian Food.

Here are some of my recipes. I have a lot more but most of them have not been transfered over to my new computer. I keep all my recipes in a folder there.

Indian

Fragrant Chicken in Creamy Almond Sauce

Ingredients
1 tablespoon olive oil
6 (3-inch) cinnamon sticks
5 bay leaves
1 1/2 cups finely chopped onion
6 garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons curry powder
1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
2 1/2 pounds skinned, boned chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted and ground
1/3 cup chopped red bell pepper
2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted

Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 6 cinnamon sticks and bay leaves. Cook 2 minutes or until
fragrant.

Add onion and garlic; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Add the curry powder, turmeric, salt, and cardamom.

Add chicken and broth; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 35 minutes or until chicken is tender.

Remove the chicken from pan with a slotted spoon. Cook remaining liquid in pan over low heat 5 minutes.

Combine sour cream, flour, and sugar in a small bowl; stir in 1/2 cup hot liquid. Add the sour cream mixture to pan, stirring until smooth.

Return chicken to pan; stir in ground almonds. Cook 5 minutes or until thick, stirring frequently. Sprinkle with bell pepper. Discard the cinnamon sticks and bay leaves. Sprinkle with slivered almonds; garnish with cinnamon sticks, if desired.

Sea Food

Camembert Topped Salmon

4 (200 g) salmon fillets
100 g camembert cheese, roughly chopped.
2 shallots, sliced or chopped
30 g parmesan cheese, grated.
1 lemon (for juice)
1 tablespoon olive oil

Preheat oven to 200°C Sprinkle lemon juice over fish and leave for 5-10 minutes.
Heat oil in a large pan.
Cook fish in pan for 2mins on each side.
Oil an ovenproof dish.
Remove fish from pan and place into the oven dish.
Sprinkle shallots, camembert cheese and parmesan cheese evenly over the fillets and place in the oven for 15mins or
until cooked.
Serve with salad for a lunch or on a bed of mashed potato with steamed vegetables for an evening meal.

Baked Red Snapper With Garlic

INGREDIENTS:
2 red snapper fillets, about 6 to 8 ounces each
4 tablespoons butter
1 medium clove garlic, pressed or minced
3 or 4 drops Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon Creole or Cajun seasoning, or your own favorite seasoning blend, with salt
1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1 to 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
1 teaspoon snipped fresh or frozen chives, optional
3 to 4 tablespoons plain or seasoned bread crumbs
2 tablespoon freshly grated parmesan cheese, optional
PREPARATION:
Place snapper fillets in a baking dish which has been sprayed with a butter-flavored baking spray.
In a skillet, melt butter with garlic, Worcestershire sauce, Creole seasoning blend, pepper, parsley,
and chives, if using. Cook
on low for 2 minutes, just to blend flavors. Brush both sides of fish fillets with the butter and herb
mixture. Toss bread crumbs
in the remaining butter mixture; sprinkle over the fillets. Bake at 400° for about 12 minutes, depending
on thickness of fillets,
until fish flakes easily and is no longer translucent.

NGREDIENTS
1/2 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 lemon, juiced
1 orange, juiced
1 teaspoon dried basil, or to taste
2 tablespoons white wine (optional)
30 tiger prawns, peeled and deveined
DIRECTIONS
1.In a glass dish, mix together the olive oil, mustard, garlic, lemon juice, orange juice, basil and white wine. Add the
prawns, and stir to coat. Cover, and let marinate for 1 hour.

2. Heat an outdoor grill to high heat.

3.Thread prawns onto skewers. Grill for 3 to 5 minutes, turning once, until pink.

Poultry

Honey BBQ Buffalo Wings

Wing Sauce
1 1/4 cup ketchup
1/3 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup molasses
1/4 cup honey
1 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
6-8 cups vegetable oil
20 chicken wing pieces
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons salt
3/4 teaspoon pepper
3/4 teaspoon MSG

Combine the sauce ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat.

Stir until ingredients are well-combined and bring to a boil.

Then reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 15-20 minutes.

As sauce is simmering, heat up 6 to 8 cups of oil in a deep fryer set to 350 degrees.

Combine the beaten egg with the milk in a small bowl.

In another small bowl, combine the flour, salt, pepper and MSG.

When oil is hot, dip each wing first in the flour mixture, then into the milk and egg mixture, and back into the flour.
Arrange wings on a plate until each one is breaded.

Fry the wings in the oil for 9-12 minutes or until light, golden brown.

If you have a small fryer, you may wish to fry 10 of the wings at a time. Drain on paper towels or a rack.

When the sauce is done, brush the entire surface of each wing with a light coating of sauce. Serve immediately.
Makes 2-4 servings (20 wings).

Like I said I have hundreds of more recipes and I will go through and pic some.

You will have to try my Prime Rib recipe as soon as I transfer over the recipe. It is amazing.

Been away all day and I guess I'll throw one in...

South Jersey Barbecue

1lb Ground beef
Hunt's BBQ Sauce
1 can Bush's Baked Beans
sliced onion
Pilsbury Homestyle biscuits
Mexican style shredded cheese

other ingrediants as you see fit.

Brown the beef, drain, add 1/3 of full bottle of BBQ sauce, can of baked beans, onions and anything else you want to get rid of in the fridge.

simmer 15 minutes

pour into 9x9 casserole dish. Spread evenly.

Spread cheese across top of beef mixture.

Open can of biscuits and place on top of beef mix. Completely cover beef.

Brush melted butter across top of biscuits.

Bake as per biscuits.(usually at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.)

Serve :)

Been away all day and I guess I'll throw one in...

South Jersey Barbecue

1lb Ground beef
Hunt's BBQ Sauce
1 can Bush's Baked Beans
sliced onion
Pilsbury Homestyle biscuits
Mexican style shredded cheese

other ingrediants as you see fit.

Brown the beef, drain, add 1/3 of full bottle of BBQ sauce, can of baked beans, onions and anything else you want to get rid of in the fridge.

simmer 15 minutes

pour into 9x9 casserole dish. Spread evenly.

Spread cheese across top of beef mixture.

Open can of biscuits and place on top of beef mix. Completely cover beef.

Brush melted butter across top of biscuits.

Bake as per biscuits.(usually at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.)

Serve :)

Njaco, I think you're a closet redneck. Welcome to the club, bubba! :D

My dad has this great cookbook of the south. I'm talking poor redneck southern here dudes. Dessert? Left over cornbread crumbled into a glass and buttermilk poured over the top. Eat it with a spoon. To this day I love greens (collard, mustard) cooked all dang day with a hunk of salt pork.

A few years ago, I was on a business trip and stopped into a grocery store down the street from Elvis' place. I was dressed to the nines and more than a little out of place. What caught my eye in the deli? Fresh fried baloney (no bologna here folks) with strategically cut radial slices to prevent curling while cooked on the grill with BBQ sauce. Ahhh... the south. All I need is some Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Dessert? Left over cornbread crumbled into a glass and buttermilk poured over the top. Eat it with a spoon. To this day I love greens (collard, mustard) cooked all dang day with a hunk of salt pork.

Greens, can't stand them.

Cornbread and milk, YUMMY!!!!!!!!!

Cornbread and molassas.....even better!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back