Do you cook?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thorlifter

Captain
Jun 10, 2004
Knoxville, TN
I read a post where one of our members, Rochie, said he is a chef. I got to thinking that we don't have a post where we can share some good recipes, like barbeque or bratwurst. I wasnt thinking about turning this into an Oprah or Rachel Ray forum.......but we all love to eat. And some can cook better than others.

So what do you say? Care to share some of your favorites?

I cook about 95% of the meals around here but I don't time at the moment to throw a recipe at yah. How about instead of Lucky giving us his scones recipe we post manly, fireside, colon busting fare? :)

I'll do that, if you tell us where you found the knitting plans for that looooovely sweater that you're wearing, it soooo bring out eyes, it's absoooluutely goooorgeous....*sshole! :lol:

I cook about 95% of the meals around here but I don't time at the moment to throw a recipe at yah. How about instead of Lucky giving us his scones recipe we post manly, fireside, colon busting fare? :)

Exactly. I don't really care to get Lucky's quiche recipe! :lol:

IMHO..I can cook my a** off.
Recipes!??!..WE don't need no stinkin' recipes!!!!!
I cook by smell and taste..

I'm with you, Baby Girl. A dash of this and a pinch of that. I share the
cooking duties with my bride. I can make a great mess of spaghetti, and
I make my own sauce. I broil a steak like the guy at Golden Corral. I have
"steak-dar", too. I leave the baking of sweats and cakes pies to the
missus, tho.

Charles

My recipe for ya. Make fire( preferably decent bonfire)
Find large cow (cut in half)
Find 2 buddies (that WILL buy the beer)
Drink said beer
Throw half cow in fire (no fire jumping after this is done)
Drink more beer
Start burping contest
Eat
Pass out (the womenfolk will clean while you digest)

Enjoy:D

I am NO WHERE near patient enough to bake. I'm giddy when a cake from a box comes out right. :lol:

as for grilling..I'm from Texas...:D if you kill it, I will grill it. AND WELL!

I used to have patrons at my bar whose wives wouldn't eat anything that DIDN'T come from a store..they'd bring it to me so I could cook it up for them. YUM!

WHAT I have never understood, from my own experience..it doesn't matter what the woman looks like(hell, i'd grill in the rain) cover her in the smell of BBQ pit and you have to beat them off with a stick...and NOT in a good way.

I make a Killer PP and J

honestly even with my limited back-country cooking skills I can still survive, but being a master at it I am not, will leave that to my Warrioress

tonight home-made pizza, thick crust, dang can't beat that !, at least I can grate cheese without busting up the grater

I am NO WHERE near patient enough to bake. I'm giddy when a cake from a box comes out right. :lol:

as for grilling..I'm from Texas...:D if you kill it, I will grill it. AND WELL!

I used to have patrons at my bar whose wives wouldn't eat anything that DIDN'T come from a store..they'd bring it to me so I could cook it up for them. YUM!

WHAT I have never understood, from my own experience..it doesn't matter what the woman looks like(hell, i'd grill in the rain) cover her in the smell of BBQ pit and you have to beat them off with a stick...and NOT in a good way.

I'm with you but I will share a couple of 'no grill' recipes..

Artichoke Chicken

Big iron skillet-medium heat
a little olive oils and 1/4 stick of butter, a dash of garlic
put the chicken (WITH SKIN) on the skillet cold as it is firing up
cook and turn to brown on either side
near the end of the 'brwon cycle put in a couple of chopped green onions and let them work for about 3 minutes.

add 1/4 cup of dry white wine (while sipping the rest of the bottle) with 1/4 cup water and pour in, cover and reduce heat

Take a small container of artichokes, chop 'em up a little more, and add to skillet.

Chop up about a half cup of mushrooms and add to skillet, stir up all the vegs into the bottom.

The Chicken w/o wine, artichokes, onion and mushrooms cooks about 15 plus minutes, then its about five minutes doing the other stuff, then 5-10 more minutes coocking covered below 'medium' heat..until chicken doen to your taste.

Serve with either white rice or Uncle Ben's Wild Rice and pour gravy on top.

Salad or extra veg like brocolli if you want more.

I admit that I can cook and bake. I can make both cakes and cookies without a box mix. :oops: Ok, I know but the lady's like it when you cook for them....it is a skill that has come in handy. :D Guys get a slow cooker. Throw in a can of french cut green beans, mushrooms, onions, tomato sause and paste. Cover some chicken with italian seasoning and place it on top of the mess. Let is cook for about 6 hours while you are out watching for breaking news. When you return, boil up some pasta. Pour chicken and all over the pasta and serve with a salad. The ladies will think that you worked all day making her diner.

DBII

The chicken turns out firm. You can also use white wine as a stock. I made some again over the weekend. Throw food in the slow cooker and return from work with dinner/supper ready to go. If you want a mess try cooking rice in the slow cooker. I like steaming the rice and then added it after everything else is finished. What for christmas and I will share my christmas cookies with everyone, your choice of wild turkey or rum.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back