Do You Have an Illogical Hatred of an Aircraft?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I know it is, but something in my head does not like big weird round wings.

Clay, how about the "new wings" from the F.21 onwards? To be honest, I like those better than the earlier "true" elliptical wings.

Venganza

What are you talking about designed with only 2 machine guns???]

The Bf 109A ("Anton") was the first version of the Bf 109. The armament, planned to be only two cowl-mounted 7.92 mm (.312 in) MG 17 machine guns.

I cannot be illogical if I am putting forward my opinions whch are factual.

Any fighter can shoot down any other fighter if it has the tactical advantage.

The Bf 109A ("Anton") was the first version of the Bf 109. The armament, planned to be only two cowl-mounted 7.92 mm (.312 in) MG 17 machine guns.

It does help that this was in a time before self sealing fuel tanks.

I dislike/hate pretty much all of todays modern, or those from the last decade, piece of sh*t! The last good looking jet fighters are to me the F-4, F-8 just to mention two. I can handle the F-14, F-15, F-16 and F-18, but they were designed 20+ years ago....

F-22 and F-35? Ugly as a baboons red *rse!

I only like the JAS 39 Gripen because it's Swedish, the last good looking fighter we did was the '35 Draken!

I like those, they were very cool looking.
I couldn't help it but when I read that it reminded me of a South Park episode!

Kyle: Hey Stan, did you see that rainbow this morning?
Stan: Yeah, it was huge.
Cartman: Huh! I hate those things.
Kyle: Nobody hates rainbows.
Stan: Yeah, what's there to hate about rainbows?
Cartman: Well, you know you'll just be sitting there minding your own business and they'll come marching in and crawl up your leg and start biting the inside of your ass and you'll be like - Hey! Get out of my ass you stupid rainbows!
<silence>
Stan: Cartman, what the hell are you talking about?
Cartman: I'm talking about rainbows, I hate those frigging things.
Kyle: Rainbows are those little arches of color that show up during a rainstorm.
Cartman: Oh, Rain-bows - oh yeah I like those - those, are cool.
Stan: What were you talking about?
Cartman: Huh? Oh nothing, forget it.
Kyle: What marches in, crawles up your leg...
Cartman: Nothing.
Kyle: ...and bites the inside of your ass?
Cartman: Nothing!

just kiddin bro ;)

Kris

I couldn't help it but when I read that it reminded me of a South Park episode!

Kyle: Hey Stan, did you see that rainbow this morning?
Stan: Yeah, it was huge.
Cartman: Huh! I hate those things.
Kyle: Nobody hates rainbows.
Stan: Yeah, what's there to hate about rainbows?
Cartman: Well, you know you'll just be sitting there minding your own business and they'll come marching in and crawl up your leg and start biting the inside of your ass and you'll be like - Hey! Get out of my ass you stupid rainbows!
<silence>
Stan: Cartman, what the hell are you talking about?
Cartman: I'm talking about rainbows, I hate those frigging things.
Kyle: Rainbows are those little arches of color that show up during a rainstorm.
Cartman: Oh, Rain-bows - oh yeah I like those - those, are cool.
Stan: What were you talking about?
Cartman: Huh? Oh nothing, forget it.
Kyle: What marches in, crawles up your leg...
Cartman: Nothing.
Kyle: ...and bites the inside of your ass?
Cartman: Nothing!

just kiddin bro ;)

Kris
I said it was illogical, I didn't say it was revolting.

It does help that this was in a time before self sealing fuel tanks.

Prople forget that the Bf 109 and Spitfire and Huricane was designed before 1935 when the only air combat to fall back on was the WW1.

Two machine guns and biplanes were still considered vogue in the 1930s.

The Bf 109 was designed with the same guns as the He 51 which first flew only 2 years earlier,

I will concede the original design was so, but the 109s that saw service in WW2 were nothing close to being under armed. I think that is where the conversation went to, and I am sorry if I took it wrong.

I still think your illogical hate is illogical...:lol:

:occasion5:

Prople forget that the Bf 109 and Spitfire and Huricane was designed before 1935 when the only air combat to fall back on was the WW1.

Two machine guns and biplanes were still considered vogue in the 1930s.

The Bf 109 was designed with the same guns as the He 51 which first flew only 2 years earlier,

Yes you are correct, when I read your post I was thinking only of the Bf 109E onwards.

I would happily concede that the Emil and Fredrich were the BEST fighters in the world at first introduction and there would be very few who would argue with me even on this site.

Me-163.

Did any other WWII plane kill more of its own pilots than this deathtrap? Kaaaaaa-boom!!!
Oh oh! I seem to become the official Me 163 protector ;)
Most of the horror stories about the Me 163 are fiction. Very very few people died from accidents, nobody got incinerated or blown to pieces, and the Me 163 shot down more bombers than it lost in combat and non-combat losses. In fact, it was one of the more succesful German fighter aircraft as others lost more than they shot down. The Me 163 - once operational - was a safe plane and very easy to fly as it was in fact a glider fitted with a rocket engine.

Kris

Hmmm... tough question. Not a hatred, just ambivalence. And I might not that this is just today. My ambivalence changes over time. Example, I list the Spit below, but used to just love it. I think that ambivalence stems from the same reasons Waynos started this thread. And one I use to have ambivalence that I now love is the He-111.

Fairey Battle
MiG-3
Spitfire
P-39
Whirlwind
Do-17
A-20

I'm the same , I use to have that 'dislike' for the P-39 and B-25 now they've come out of that and the Zero and P-39 have taken their place

Pretty sure it'l change in time to come

Oh oh! I seem to become the official Me 163 protector ;)
Most of the horror stories about the Me 163 are fiction. Very very few people died from accidents, nobody got incinerated or blown to pieces, and the Me 163 shot down more bombers than it lost in combat and non-combat losses. In fact, it was one of the more succesful German fighter aircraft as others lost more than they shot down. The Me 163 - once operational - was a safe plane and very easy to fly as it was in fact a glider fitted with a rocket engine.

Kris
I like the Komet also, but in all actuality, very few of the 91 delivered ever flew.

Out of those few, 6 were shot down by Allied aircraft, 9 were lost to operational incidents.

Thier final tally: 16 Allied aircraft shot down.

Statistically speaking, that's not very impressive :(

I like the Komet also, but in all actuality, very few of the 91 delivered ever flew.

Out of those few, 6 were shot down by Allied aircraft, 9 were lost to operational incidents.

Thier final tally: 16 Allied aircraft shot down.

Statistically speaking, that's not very impressive :(
:) I honestly think it is! Which other German fighter of 1944/1945 shot down more than it lost, accidents and ground losses included ? Definitely not the 109 and 190, maybe the 262 though I doubt it (again with accidents adn ground losses included).

And most of the Me 163 victims were heavy bombers which costed ten times more than a Me 163. If they had enough fuel for them, the Komet could well have been much more succesful.

Kris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back