Wanna live to a 100 years old?

• Yes

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • No

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Maybe

Votes: 7 36.8%

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thorlifter

Captain
Jun 10, 2004
Knoxville, TN
I just read a couple news articles online about people over the century mark, with one lady being 113 years old. I don't think I want to live that long because more than likely, you would have to bury your children. Parents are supposed to die first.

How about you? Do you want to live that long?

It depends. As a dribbling buffoon who can't remember his name or get out of a chair? No thanks.

With decent health, mental and physical, why not?

Cheers

Steve

yes, as long as all things remain in proper prospective in relation to staying healthy and physically and mentally.....besides i got lots of models to build...! :D

Not me...the first 25 or so years were good but life being what it is, turned that around and the next 25 went downhill quickly. Another 50 at this rate would be a total disaster.

I can see perhaps living to (or over) 100 years old if you have decent health, a good loving family and a secure place in life. That would be good.

The alternative is scary , and final. Most people pass away with difficulty no matter how serene they are. some do it with more dignity than others, but it is far from an easy process.

Its the great unknown, the fear of what follows, if anything. it is illogical to suppose that something higher and better follows. Even our memories, our person are the product of a chemical balance in our brain. no brain means no memories, no consciousness, nothing to look forward to. sorry if that offends some, and I respect those who have the courage to believe in a higher level of control, but I just have some difficulties in believing that stuff....

with my health issues, ill be lucky if I reach 70, but I wish it was 700

When there's no longer the right fuel, oxygen, and heat to maintain combustion, flameout occurs. That's it: Game Over; No Replay; and the return to nature begins. Immortality is in the memories we leave behind.

The alternative is scary , and final. Most people pass away with difficulty no matter how serene they are. some do it with more dignity than others, but it is far from an easy process.

I have spoken at length to many nurses and doctors. Most all of them say that Christians are much more calm when the end is near. It is their faith of the next journey and the excitement of praising God for eternity that calms them. My heart breaks for people with no faith and wish I had the words to convince them. At almost 50 years of age, I'm not ready to die yet because there is still so much more I want to do here, but I am ready prepared to go any time because I am a Christian and my faith tells me of the glory of God and what is prepared for me.

Jeremiah 29:13
"You will seek me and find me; when you seek me with all your heart, I will be found by you"

John 14:6
"I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

".. Immortality is in the memories we leave behind."

Nailed it .... and lasting "fame" is random and capricious.

Think of the chance discovery of my spirit brother
'Ice Man'
IceMan.jpeg

discovered in the Italian Alps. Rupert Murdock with all his $$$$ will never outclass Ice Man's discovery and his leap to world amazement and fame.

Last edited:
From the Lockheed F-104 Flight manual:

When you are no longer descending, (using up potential energy) the power to maintain level flight must come from the engine. If you forget this, you will be subjected to a four phase aeronautical process that dates back to the early 1900's. Stall, spin, crash and burn. Phase 4 requires some amount of fuel on board at time of impact.

So, let's hope to mantain always a little bit of JP4 in the tank: a very important thing is that, one day, Death will find us alive.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back