**** DONE - 1/48 A6M2-N "Rufe" - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I solved my Big Canon problem by getting a 30 dollar Pentax Optio 555 on ebay!

Lookin good on the build mate.

Just finished gluing the engine into the cowl, and gluing the fuselage halves together. Tomorrow I will work on the fuselage seams.

BTW, found a Monogram PB4Y-2 in 1/48 on line for $78.00 from RM Combat.

Charles

Last edited:
:thumbright:

BTW... Are you sure it is a Monogram PB4Y-2 kit but not the B-24 or J one with one of conversion kits I told you about?

Last edited:
That is looking really good there Charles.I tried getting pics of my P-38 pit and they just sucked!So might try an outdoor shot today if the sun shines any?

There is a model shop 20 minutes from me that has one. I will drive over today. As soon as I saw it, I thought of you. I think it is about $32.00.

DBII

There is a model shop 20 minutes from me that has one. I will drive over today. As soon as I saw it, I thought of you. I think it is about $32.00.

DBII

Let me know what you find.... PM me with details. Just make sure it's a 1/48 as I see of lot of 1/72's out there.

Charles

I got to work on the Rufe for awhile, today. Fuselage is sanded, dry fit with the elevators and the wings glued together.

Question: What do you do to the seam where the elevators meet the fuselage ?

Charles

Attachments

• DSC_2242.JPG
    DSC_2242.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 76
Question: What do you do to the seam where the elevators meet the fuselage ?

Depending on the gap there. Usually some of a putty and gentle sanding/polishing are needed .

BTW A good work so far Pal. :D

Wojtek: Kit Number. It's kit # 48-002.

Charles

Interesting .... no word about the kit in the Net.

Charles, ask them about what a kind of the model it is , an injection , rasin or vacufom one. ALso if it is the Monogram kit or their own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back