**** DONE: 1/48 F-80c "Lio-do-bee "- Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The fit is fixed by carefuly gluing select sections and alowing to dry completely before attempting the rest of the seam.
rear fuselage.jpg

Wings went on with relatively little problem, but there was a large gap at the roots. I used stretched sprue dipped in liquid cement to fill
P-80 rear fit.jpg

Real nice Paul. Looks like you did a pretty good job on that front to back fuselage joint. I made that kit in high school 30 years ago and I can still remember struggling with it!

I attatched the stabilizers and had a rude moment when test fitting the gear and found that she promply sat on her tail!:banghead:
So I pried off one of the flaps and poured in lead shot. Now, heres the thing, the shot piles up about an inch or so from the small slit that is the opening. How to secure it? White glue! Brilliant!
Not Quite. Glue started burbling out the intake splitters, as I was holding it pointing down, making it look like the plane had a runny nose!
I should have taken a picture of it, but, no, I got a wet rag and started to clean it up, not holding it pointing down.
You guessed it, glue AND shot started out the afore mentioned slot like cr@p out of a goose.
Here it is cleaned up and painted with "Rust-oleum bright coat metallic finish" de-canted and applied with my trusty aztec
first coat.jpg

I attatched the stabilizers and had a rude moment when test fitting the gear and found that she promply sat on her tail!:banghead:
So I pried off one of the flaps and poured in lead shot. Now, heres the thing, the shot piles up about an inch or so from the small slit that is the opening. How to secure it? White glue! Brilliant!
Not Quite. Glue started burbling out the intake splitters, as I was holding it pointing down, making it look like the plane had a runny nose!
I should have taken a picture of it, but, no, I got a wet rag and started to clean it up, not holding it pointing down.
You guessed it, glue AND shot started out the afore mentioned slot like cr@p out of a goose.
Here it is cleaned up and painted with "Rust-oleum bright coat metallic finish" de-canted and applied with my trusty aztec
View attachment 193815
I had that happen with a AR 231 once and did what you did Paul. Before I dropped the split-shot in I coated them individually with silicon glue/bathroom caulk. Worked pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back