<> **** DONE: 1/48 F4U-7 (BuNo. 33710) - WW1 / WW2 over Water.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys. My baby finally has some legs...

004.JPG

Landing gear was a royal pain in the keester as there is absolutely no way to ease it into position. Spent about 3 minutes per side bending and twisting plastic. Prop, clear parts and antennae left. While I was in PG on the weekend I picked up 2 sheets each of blue and black poster sheets to use as photo back drop, very impressed with the difference. Experimented with my flash settings: no flash, fill flash and full flash...

000.jpg

It's looking good Geo.
Interesting to see the different flash results. I rarely use flash for model photos, as it's often too 'harsh', and can give a blue cast to certain colours. I normally just use my 'bridge' camera, out of convenience ( aka laziness !), but for 'finished' shots, I might start using my 'proper' DSLRs and try fill flash now and then, along with tungsten lighting, either side of the subject.

As with Terry, I'm not a fan of the flash either. I shoot with a tripod at small aperture (F28 or 32) for max depth of field and natural light.

Model looks great Geo.

Thanks all, closer to finals. An item not included in the kit though they did mould one near the rear fuselage was another "T" antenna(?). A pretty simple fix though this is Version 2, Version 1 choosing to depart shortly before mounting. I chose to do it now as opposed to earlier as I was certain the one at the rear wouldn't survive. I still have to mount another incredibly thin antenna between the two of these but that will be the last thing I do.

004.JPG

Good stuff Geo.
The 'T' antennae are for the radio altimeter - there would probably be a normal 'pressure' altimeter, and the radio altimeter too - the radio version is generally more accurate at low(er) altitudes, a great aid for attack aircraft.

Thanks guys and good info Terry. A few more touch-ups, 2 small bits and then a final going over before I call it done. However, it's packing day, bus in 3½hrs. Have a good week gentlemen

002.JPG
004.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back