Only just latched onto this thread for some reason Geo - great work so far
I reckon your wire for the engine ignition wire conduits is about right. I actually took some time trying different guages of wire to get the scale right compared to reference pictures on the 1/32 Corsair I'm building at the moment and settled on 0.3 mm (so 0.2 mm for 1/48) - the various pictures are here.
Finally, the engine is complete. The exhausts were made up of 6 pieces with 2-3 attachment points per piece which had to be threaded through the rear cylinders.
Next, the center wing section made up of 9 pieces. The intakes have screens molded in. Note the pilots seat. This is in 2 pieces with 2 attachment points that equal 1mm combined and the back sits about 1mm above the seat pan.
Just about finished the cockpit innards. I was in such a rush to get this together and plum forgot about the pics Wojtek sent me so I'll have to live with it.
Thanks Wojtek and Terry. Innards done and resting in a fuselage half to make sure the bulkheads stay matched up.
Next step, tail wheel assembly. I like the "Option ?" option: E22 or E47.....E22 or E47? I am assuming these are for the tail hook raised or lowered. And what of part E42....hang straight down or rest against the assembly. I wanted to leave the hook off as it will be white with black stripes, mount the assembly, shoot it and the rear well blue and then add the tail hook but I don't think this will be an option.
Off to check tail wheel assembly references...........
Great shot Terry, just what I needed. Spent the last hour on the webs trying to confirm the tail wheel gear color. Your shot and many others are the same color as the aircraft but not really sure about mine. Does the photo on page one show the same or is it shadowed aluminum. During my initial search it seemed that the color of the main wheel hubs, blue or silver colored dictated the color of the tail wheel gear but then things went sideways and everything was a mix or the same. Here's a clear pic to show what I mean
Thanks Hugh. On with the tail gear and what I thought would be a nightmare trying to get everything to line up but this went quicker than I anticipated. Its glued together and everything articulates and the wheel still spins. I'll glue it firmly and add the last two pieces once I finally decide how it will sit and what color to paint it.
A bit late to the party Geo but I think the different length of struts are to account for the fact that the tail gear could be either tall or short, at last on earlier Corsairs. Not sure about your late model but I would think it was tall.
Thanks Kirby and thanks Wojtek, I forgot about the original photos of "710". I think I'm going with a darkish aluminum on all the landing gear. That dangly down horseshoe shaped object at the rear of the tail gear, I'm thinking it may be a tie-down point