**** DONE: 1/48 F7F-2N Tigercat – Night War of WWII (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks for the kind comments guys :)

I posed the F7F Tigercat next to the experimental F5F Skyrocket which was its ancestor as it were.
P2151728.JPG

Around 20 years ago I was on a "Mission " to build all the Grumman "Cats" and the Tigercat was finally the last of them (WW II anyway) so I posed then together. The Hellcat and the blue Wildcat were built before I had my first airbrush so were hand painted and the yellow wing Wildcat and the Bearcat were some of the first I did with an airbrush.
P2151733.JPG

P2151732.JPG

This last picture is all the Grumman birds together. Two F4F's, FF5F, F6F, F7F, F8F, and TBF. The TBF one of the oldest models here was in such bad shape I had to glue on both wings just to take the picture. Can't remember why I didn't put the decals on the Hellcat or Avenger but I still have them in my spare decal bag so maybe I'll put them on some day.
P2151734.JPG

It really lets me see how I've improved over the last 20 years. When I started up making models again in my early thirties I was building them essentially the same way I did when I was in grade school. The two things that really improved my skills back then was buying my first air brush and a subtraction to a Scale Modeler magazine my wife bought me for a birthday present. The know-how along with the tools I needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back