**** DONE: 1/48 Fairey Swordfish MK.I - Defense of Britain/Atlantic.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you very much guys. Antenna has been attached to the wing mast and now there is a constant reminder to self that it is there. Also, the replacement roundel has been added and the lifeboat hatch sealing strips as seen here...http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/-2...nse-britain-atlantic-43740-3.html#post1218767 The majority of the photos I've seen show these laid out in a variety of what seem to be a haphazard approach. Flat coat later, the landing lights, engine and 4 small pieces and this will be done. Not sure if I can get the final photos in before the camp bus tomorrow but I'll give it a shot.

002.JPG

Geo

Last edited:
It's looking the biz Geo. One thing though - in the photos referred to, the life raft hatch sealing strips appear to be relatively dark, probably red-doped fabric strips.

Dang nab it Terry, I supplied the wrong link. I'll change it. I agree about the darker strips seen here on the top aircraft as well as the lighter color...

Capture.JPG

...I've seen light, dark, what appear to be camo colored and no strips.

Geo

Nice Geo!and I bet you be glad when done some kits fight to the end.

Thanks Kevin but most of the upsets were of my own doing. Except for a few touch-ups I noticed in the photos, this is done. Prop is just push fit for the photo. I'll get the finals up when I get out next Tuesday.

001.JPG
004.JPG

All in all, a very nice kit except where noted. Reading all the reviews on other sites will help get through these small problems. I wish I could remember the review that corrected the lay of the wings. Camp bus in 75 minutes. Have a good week gentlemen.

Geo

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back