**** DONE: 1/48 Harrier GR9,4(AC) Sqn RAF - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Username: Airframes.
Name: Terry (or 'Hey you!)
Category: Judge - non competing.
Kit: Revell (AG) Harrier GR7/9.
Scale: 1/48th.
Accessories: None, apart from minor scratch-building, and altered decals.

The model will be finished in the final colour scheme, adopted in late 2009, before our current Government decided to 'save money' (ie, keep themselves in comfort) in the Defence Cuts a few months later, with the complete Harrier force being retired in December 2010 !!!
Having already amalgamated the RAF Squadrons and Royal Navy units into basically the equivalent of three Squadrons, known as the Joint Harrier Force, the dimbledicks decided to pull them out of Afghanistan, and the UK and other operational areas, and scrap them - some fairly new aircraft!!

I always did scoff at those and other defense cuts British government deemed necessary. Good model by the way! I think I actually have one of these stored somewhere back home!

Cheers. Might not get any more done tonight! Had a mate visit and stay and chatter for ages, only just sitting down to my evening meal, and it's 21.30 hours!

It was 21.30 Zulu ! Thanks chaps. Got a bit more done to the instrument panel, with the MFD switches re-painted and the screens and instruments glazed. Working on the ejection seat at the moment - pics when there's something to show.

Thanks Andy.
Progress to date, with the cockpit assembled, after glazing the MFD screens and instruments, and a bit of re-touching, and work underway on the ejection seat.
PICS 1 and 2 Show the cockpit, with the optics for the HUD not yet fitted. This will be done near the end, after the main painting is complete.
PICS 3 and 4. the ejection seat has had the head-box/parachute container enlarged, and the drogue shackle added, along with a couple of small details, including the canopy breakers. Next stage is to paint the seat and its details, add harness straps and buckles and the firing handle.
Thanks again for your interest, and I'll try to post another up-date before my p*** up on Saturday(!)

Attachments

• New Harrier build 022.jpg
    New Harrier build 022.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 82
  • New Harrier build 024.jpg
    New Harrier build 024.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 101
  • New Harrier build 027.jpg
    New Harrier build 027.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 78
  • New Harrier build 030.jpg
    New Harrier build 030.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 79
Fantastic detail painting there Terry! That seat looked real good for and injected molded part , but you've made it even better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back