**** DONE: 1/48 Harrier GR9,4(AC) Sqn RAF - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

He He! I was certainly incapable of any form of coherent action today - therefore, sod all work got done!

Cheers Matt.
Wild... Wil.... that thing? Good grief, almost better than the Hippocrofogg who turned up at my party as a 'srtipogramme'.
Just about got over the shock, what !!

Thanks Bob.
After around two weeks, I've finally broken through the lethargy barrier, and started working on the model again.
Not much to show yet, as I'm (very) slowly making and fitting the seat harness - slow work as my hands are swollen with the arthritis at the moment, and it feels like I'm all fingers and thumbs, each taking independent action!
Once the seat is done though, progress should be a lot quicker, as the two nose sections can be assembled, before moving on to the main fuselage.
I hope to post some pics in the next day or so.

Had to force myself Vic, and, as it's for my mate who normally calls in each evening, I have a bit of an incentive, as he keeps wanting to know how it's going!

At last, something to show, and some decent progress made.
PIC 1. The seat detailed and painted. The harness is not one of my best efforts, but looks acceptable with the seat in place in the cockpit. The shoulder straps should really be looped back towards the seat top, with the fastening lugs clipped into the locating slots on the head box, as this is how they were when the aircraft was on the ground. But, hanging free is good enough. I'm sure I could have made a better job of it if my hands weren't swollen.
PIC 2. Seat in place in the cockpit tub.
PIC 3. Cockpit section assembled.
PIC 4. Lower fuselage panel and thrust nozzle mounts in place.
PICS 5 and 6. Main fuselage and turbine fan assembled.
PIC 7. How it all looks to date.
I hope to make further progress over the next couple of days, and I'll post more pics when there;s something to show.

Attachments

• New Harrier build 036.jpg
    New Harrier build 036.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 58
  • New Harrier build 043.jpg
    New Harrier build 043.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 59
  • New Harrier build 050.jpg
    New Harrier build 050.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 63
  • New Harrier build 056.jpg
    New Harrier build 056.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 61
  • New Harrier build 058.jpg
    New Harrier build 058.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 59
  • New Harrier build 059.jpg
    New Harrier build 059.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 74
  • New Harrier build 061.jpg
    New Harrier build 061.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 59
Aye very nice, will you weather her up ? :D I always liked that marine style weathered harrier look :)

Thanks guys. No, definitely no weathering, apart from the usual exhaust stains. This is an RAF Harrier, not a US marines AV-8B, so kept fairly clean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back