**** DONE: 1/48 He 162A-2 Volksjäger - Allied Advance and Defense of the Reich WWII.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice detail on the landing gear well. It almost looks like a cockpit tub.

Heh, my He-162 in 32th, also Demuth, "white 11"
P7040844.jpg

Glenn, a suggestion, I've tried a "tube" of that new 3sec UV setting "glue" and I am VERY impressed. It does not "dry" or "set" unless and until the attached UV light is used and then it SETS!!. I would assume that any UV will cause it to harden so using it in daylight conditions might cause premature hardening. I've played the "wait until the superglue decides to harden" game so this stuff is great. You've got all the open time you need to position the part then ZAP it is SET.
It is expensive so probably not for an entire model but for those PIA parts...

Don't know the Oz availability or price. It's $20 USD here. There's a 5sec and 3sec type. I picked up the 3sec. There are no refills so when out you have to buy the whole thing again. The strength is amazing. I had a broken prop on my drone which I "glued" back together and it worked and holds the prop together perfectly and even allows flexing. We had a large clear reindeer Xmas ornament in which one antler had broken off. I tried superglue up the wazz and it would not hold. One drop and 3sec it was fixed.
So expensive and the UV light had to reach the "glue" to work but other than that I give it 5 stars
73809145396861p.jpg

Might have to give that a try Mike. I use accelerator with CA but the problem seems to be the glue setting before I'm ready or needing three hands to hold the parts wile I apply the kicker. That uv glue may give me a bit more control

Exactly my thought. I've had the same problems with CAs. You can take an hour to position, or wipe it completely off, when ready 3sec of UV and it is SET. Again, to completely set UV has to hit it so joining halves is out but excellent on cockpit or windows.

Great work Glenn some reall nice detail painting in the wheel well. Mike good to hear, I saw it advertised on TV but allways a little leary. I'll check and see if Wally-Wold carries it.

I've still been working on it little by little. Have the interior pretty much finished and just have to add some weight to keep the nose gear down before I close the fuselage up. Will try to post some pictures tonight.

I like the fact that you can fiddle and fiddle and adjust until it is just so, then a 3-5sec zap of UV and it is SET!
Unfortunately opaque parts don't allow the light to penetrate. +s & -s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back