**** DONE: 1/48 Jaguar GR3A - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Been awhile since I poked my head in Vic but she is looking sharp!!I esp.liked the efforts at the vents and gear :thumbright:

That's looking tops Vic!
The over-wing Sidewinder fit was a result of 'needs must' in the first Gulf War, to provide a defensive capability on low-level strike missions, as shown in my painting of two of the Joint Force Jags, after pulling of target. There was nowhere else to fit them !

Attachments

• aircraft paintings 011.jpg
    aircraft paintings 011.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 88
That's looking tops Vic!
The over-wing Sidewinder fit was a result of 'needs must' in the first Gulf War, to provide a defensive capability on low-level strike missions, as shown in my painting of two of the Joint Force Jags, after pulling of target. There was nowhere else to fit them !
wow i didnt realise the over wing winders was done so late !

Thanks very much gents, much appreciated.

Like the artwork as well Terry, brings back memories of Oman and Jags on the bombing range.

A Very Grooooovy Job, yeahhh.

You should do this theme maybe on another Sh*guar... I mean Jaguar ! (I bleaped out part of the word after I noticed it meant something naughty in Britain :S even if it is the name of the vehicle in the picture as Austin would say "Oh Behaveee" :D)

shaguar.png

Pilot with hands up in the air, optional :D Yeahhhh! Baby, Yeahhh!

Serious Time:

I love how it turned out its a beautiful paintjob :) , If you guys havn't seen the movie Austin Powers,

ignore my picture until you see the movie, its a comedic spoof on James Bond, utilizing the sexiest British Agent of his time- Austin Powers ! :D

Last edited:
Many thanks Wojtek and Igor, very much appreciated and no Igor I've haven't seen the movie but wouldn't say no to an 'E' type in my back yard.

Many thanks Michael and much appreciated. The tyres are bulged resin purchased as an extra and do give quite a good effect though I hasten to add, are maybe a little to bulged.

Many thanks Aaron.

Bill, the Jag did have a couple of stabilisers or flow deflectors (whatever they are called) on the upper wing, all they did was just add a couple of pylons on top.

I guess I was just being silly buggers. Someone will know about the "fences". I think the airliners have them to direct the airflow over the control surfaces. To keep from losing useable airflow.

But then, that arrangement is just something I would have gone for. Just different enough, ya know....

Wing fences are designed to create an even air flow over/under the wing, preventing turbulent air destroying lift at various angles of attack on a swept, or compound swept, wing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back