**** DONE: 1/48 Jaguar GR3A - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just a quick update. Managed to get into the shed today and do an initial spray, found a couple of points needing attention which will be fixed tomorrow after the paint has dried nicely. So this is where it stands, with lots of bits still to add on and a heap of refinement painting once the final coat is applied.

120411-1A.jpg

Thanks for all your kind words folks.
t2002.gif

Nothing much to show today, doing lots of fiddly bits and almost made a big booboo. Woke up in the middle of the night and realized that the tail fin needed to be snow white,
b0407.gif
so have spent the day spraying several coats of white over a rather strong grey. Luckily it has come up okay but now I have to add some black edging around it. Maybe have some pics tomorrow.

Glad to hear the DVT was a false alarm. I have two buddies on Coumadin (same stuff) for the same thing and it's not fun.

Thanks for that Bruce.

As promised her are some shots of the latest progress, not a lot to show for a couple of days of hard yakka. I had hopes to get to decaling today but it's damp and overcast so paint is not drying so well.

First up a couple of full views of the bird.

120414-1A.jpg

120414-1B.jpg

The nav lights are on, am letting them set overnight and will file back and polish tomorrow.

120414-1C.jpg

120414-1D.jpg

120414-1E.jpg

This is how the cannon gas vents turned out.

120414-1F.jpg

Her is the hot end of the machine.

120414-1G.jpg

Still lots to do and today I remembered that this kit is not designed for the canopy to be open, but me being me want it so. I believe the hood opens with the aid of a couple of piston/actuators either side of the ejector seat that are attached to the hoods rear framework. So that's going to be my next major hurdle.

Good stuff Vic, starting to look the part. Rather surprised that the canopy isn't designed to allow it to be posed open. You're right about the two gas struts - think I might have sent you a couple of pics - if not, let me know and I'll get them sent asap.

Thanks for offer Terry but all is in hand and the spares box turned up a couple of small gas struts which are currently drying after a splash of paint.

Spent the day doing decals, all are on but I want to give them a good spray with One Go tomorrow to bed them down. Pics when that's done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back