**** DONE: 1/48 Jaguar GR3A - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just knew I could count on you Aaron.

t2002.gif

Ah, that typical British expression, 'fiddling'.
Loosely translated, it actually means, precise positioning, adjustment and spacial evaluation, followed by copious additions to the contents of the Oxford English Dictionary, culminating in the permanent fitting of wayward small parts into, or onto, the previously evaluated locations, in such a way as to render their appearance to resemble the actual perceived appearance, but not as the designer or manufacturer had intended or instructed.
A fine example of using one word (in this case 'fiddling'), instead of a multitude of meaningless words !

PRECISELY!! Terry

Now for a little update.

Having finished the major surgery I was not totally satisfied with the fit of the flaps, it all seemed rather clumsy. I thinned the root of the resin flaps down a little and also decided to try and thin the upper wing half in an effort to lose that chunky look. Here you can see where I've had a go on the left flap housing against the thickness of the flap housing on the right.

120406-1A.jpg

120406-1B.jpg

Now a couple of views of how the flaps should look when correctly placed. This is just a dry run and on the rear view you will just make out little green strips, these are the flap guide rails which I thought I would add for a bit more authenticity.

120406-1C.jpg

120406-1D.jpg

While I was waiting for other bits to settle I started on the main undercarriage structure. Normally I would paint each individual piece and the put it all together but this time I thought I'd put it all together as much as possible and then paint it. Here you have one all fixed up and the other just straight off the sprue and needing a good cleanup before assembly.

120406-1E.jpg

Lastly, the Jag as it sits now. The main wing was not a good fit with a number of gaps, The same problem also effected the air intake ducts, but a few dab's of Mr Surface 500 and once dry, a rub down with wet n dry, we soon had that sorted.

120406-1F.jpg

Thanks ever so Even and Jerry.

Made a little more progress today, started with the pitot head which I know from experience is very vulnerable on this model so I decide to replace it with something stronger that is more likely to stab me rather than just "ping" off.

120407-1A.jpg

120407-1B.jpg

120407-1C.jpg

And to round off, an update on how the machine is looking tonight as the sun sets on paradise.

120407-1D.jpg

120407-1E.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back