**** DONE: 1/48 Jaguar GR3A - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Managed to get a bit more done today. Finished making holes in the gun ports and cleaned them up a bit before placing them on the airframe. As you can see the fit is not all that spectacular and I have a feeling that this will not be an uncommon event with this kit.

120402-1A.jpg

Having fitted, taped and started the gap filling, I put this to one side and contemplated the wings forward slats and flaps, should I or shouldn't I replace them with the resin set.

120402-1B.jpg

Well as you can see I have decided to go with the slats and flaps but a lot of checking was required beforehand because some f the panel lines are way off beam. So now having done the surgery on one side, I hope to be able to tackle the other tomorrow and then do a spot of filling on the misplaced panel lines.

120402-1D.jpg

120402-1C.jpg

Now having committed myself, I must search for some decent slat and flap pictures, particularly from underneath and over the top when extended.

Thanks ever so Even, luckily I remembered a site AWA Walkaround which has some good shots of what I'm looking for and it looks like if I want, I've a stack of work in front of me just to sort out the flaps.

Thanks guys, on and all it's very much appreciated.

You might try messing up your work area a little, it always helps me!

Have no fear Paul, your magnificent workstation is safe, I just hide mine under a big sheet of stiff green paper……..and then take my pictures!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back