**** DONE: 1/48 Jaguar GR3A - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Many thanks for the kind words folks, it makes it all the more worthwhile.

Not much progress today, what with Easter visits and eating lots of chocolate!!!! If you recall I was none to pleased with the cannon gas vent and I have been wondering what I have that would help improve this little detail so I started FIDDLING and came up with the following.

I have some fine brass tube which I decided to drill out to try and make the tube walls thinner and insert them into the vents of the kit to try and make it look more like the real things. This is the progress so far and yes on looking at the picture I realise that I will have to adjust the one on the left.

120408-1A.jpg

120408-1B.jpg

120408-1C.jpg

120408-1D.jpg

120408-1E.jpg

Many thanks for your Many thanks gents and thanks for the offer Terry but I'm okay with pics, found a couple of close-up angled shot that I've been working from. Looking at them this morning I may try to gently thin out the edges of the tube with a slightly larger drill as at the moment they seem to be protruding out to far.gents and thanks for the offer Terry but I'm okay with pics, found a couple of close-up angled shot that I've been working from. Looking at them this morning I may try to gently thin out the edges of the tube with a slightly larger drill as at the moment they seem to be protruding out to far.

Made some good headway today despite spending some 3 hours in casualty with the missus. It would seem she has got yet another DVT even though she is on Warfarin since the first one just on 2 months ago.

Finished putting in the other 9 gas vents, filed them back a bit and enlarged the holes in the brass tube and then added some filler to cover up the original moulds. This should be nice and dry by tomorrow and when I will shave it back and hopefully smooth things out. Shown below is what I'm trying to duplicate.

120409-1A.jpg

Following that I worked on some piping detail for the undercart legs. This is the result.

120409-1B.jpg

Many thanks Bill, Wayne and Bruce and my special thanks Wayne and Bruce for your kind thoughts.

Many thanks Paul and I'm happy to report all is well with Hil, it was a false alarm but still scared the hell out of us both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back