**** DONE: 1/48 Martlet Mk V, HMS Fencer - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys. I got the rest of the top color on this morning. After letting it dry, I peeled off the masks and checked for bleed thrus. There are a couple of spots but nothing bad.

Here is a better shot of the underside. The green in the Sky Type "S" really shows here.

100_1077_640x480.JPG

And here is the rest of the topcoat.

100_1078_640x480.JPG

100_1079_640x480.JPG

I'll let it dry for a few more hours and then start the weathering process.

Thought I would post a quick update. The engine, cowling and gear have been attached, then re-attached after the dogs tail sent it for it's first test flight. My dog and Terry must be related in some way, neither one likes 'Cats. Glosscote has been applied and decaling started to be followed by weathering.

100_1094_640x480.JPG

Thanks Michael, Aaron and Glenn. Decals are done and weathering has started. It's a dark oil pinwash in the recesses and panel lines, to be followed by some drybrushing and highlighting with Prismacolor pencils. The carrier film on these decals is very thick, so I cut them as close as possible and am hoping the rest of the film will dissapear with a clear top coat.

100_1097_640x480.JPG

100_1098_640x480.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back