**** DONE: 1/48 Martlet Mk V, HMS Fencer - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys, and especially you Terry. It's nice to see your therapy is progressing so well. And thank you Karl for the info on the prop. I did not have that.

Here is a quick photo of the first coat of paint, Testors Model Master Sky Type "S". Once this dries, I will mask it off and lay down a coat of Humbrol Dark Sea Grey on the top side.

100_1074_640x480.JPG

Looking good. But I thought the Sky S-type should be more greenish. But it might have been caused by the light when taking the picture.

Looking good. But I thought the Sky S-type should be more greenish. But it might have been caused by the light when taking the picture.

It actually is greenish when viewed under natural light, but I switched to CFL bulbs for all my lighting a few years back and that throws everything off. No regrets, I have not changed a lightbulb in three years and my elecric bill is down by at least 15-20%.

OK, the Sky underside has been masked off and the topside airbrushed with Model Master RAF Dark Sea Grey. I was going to use Humbrol but I decided to keep my paint formulas consistent.

100_1076_640x480.JPG

100_1075_640x480.JPG

I'll let it dry overnight and mask it off for RAF Dark Slate Grey.

It actually is greenish when viewed under natural light, but I switched to CFL bulbs for all my lighting a few years back and that throws everything off. No regrets, I have not changed a lightbulb in three years and my elecric bill is down by at least 15-20%.

I see. Looking very good.

That is looking sweet!and shoot I think we ought to have builds all over the forum/GB of the little Cat just to finish Terry's therapy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back