**** DONE: 1/48 Spitfire MK.IXc - Allied Advance and Defense of the Reich WWII.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A such bending can be done when you pre-cut slightly a piece along the bending line or you made it thinner at the area.

Last edited:
It's not too much usually. Therefore you have to do it deepper. Sometimes I use the "triangle" file or a scalpel blade.

Interesting design choice on the scissors. I'd probably take my lumps and cut them apart straight away instead of trying to bend them... seems like an invitation to "tiddly-wink" them into the carpet monster. Does anyone even remember what tiddly winks are???

Yep, with my knackered hands and fingers, every time I try to pick up a coin, it's like playing Tiddly Winks !
I agree about the bending method - it's often easier to separate the parts and cement them in place separately.

Thanks gents, started on the decals, most of the left side done.

002.JPG

Geo

Thanks guys. Playing with wing walk lines this AM. Following instructions, I laid down the left wing roundel first, and when I was about to lay the line down over it, it just didn't look right so off to the interwebs. Found an article facing the same dilemma and there were the words I was looking for..."...let's wait and see what Edgar says..." "Under no circumstances does anything encroach upon the roundels". I hacked up the port line to fit around the roundel and laid the starboard one down whole and will place the roundel over it. For those interested in Spitfires, I put a link here...WW2 Aviation Links (Add your links) I think it's worth looking at.

Geo

You might want to consider cutting the walk line short of the roundels Geo. Depending on the thickness of the walk lines, they may show up as a linear speed bump under the roundel decal, as it did on one of mine.

Thanks guys. Sadly the lines was down first but it settled down into the panel line nicely. Flat coat in a bit ant the 'lil bits. Hopefully have the final shot by camp time.

Geo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back