**** DONE: 1/48 Spitfire MK.IXc - Allied Advance and Defense of the Reich WWII.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

My opinion - it's the standard camo scheme and the demarcations are obliterated by the exhaust staining. The number of missions these guys were flying post D-Day made for some pretty dirty planes.

Capture.JPG

Painting almost complete and in the meantime I took a stab at the remains of the upper invasion stripes I need to do. A work in progress, semi-gloss paint mixed with light grey. Not to worried about the mess as I was just trying to get a demarcation more than neatness.

001.JPG

This was 3 coats and the mixture was pretty watery.

Geo

Still finding things to touch-up. I'll post these now before I gloss. If anyone sees anything wrong, I'd like to fix it before the gloss as I've found out that touch-ups won't match up later on.

001.JPG
002.JPG
005.JPG

Geo

Don't have time to look into it Geo but see if you can find out whether the yellow LE marks extended out past the joint with the wing tip section. Otherwise looks good to me.

Onwards......did add the remaining yellow, easy peasy. I decided to add the remains of the upper invasion stripes before clear coating. Debating whether or not to remove some of the heavier staining on the left side.

002.JPG

Geo

Camo and paint looks great Geo! I must admit that all of the detailed discussion regarding the invasion stripes was beyond me!

Thanks guys, while waiting for the gloss to dry, I'm tackling the landing gear. As you can see, some flash to remove. Note the way Italeri made the scissors. When I saw them on their large attachment points, I thought, A) a ping moment trying to get them off and B) there is no way in Hell they will survive the bending. No ping moments but after the photo was taken the second one snapped in half though I have manged to glue it in place.

006.JPG

Geo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back