**** DONE GB-37 1/72 BP Defiant MK I - Helicopters / Military a/c of BoB 1940

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

yesterday I could not put the photos at the end, I was distracted and I spent the time the happy night shift.
I bring you the photos from yesterday I am now finishing painting the intrados of the plane and ready for the last layer before giving it the klear.

pics to see the detailed painting and the wear effect of it

image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

this round will be so that the whole set is seen

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

:thumbright: Wow....I struggled masking the clear parts on my 1:48 Defiant and they were Eduard pre-cut

and I to mask this that I did with tape took me a whole day, taking time is something that I like to do and not depend so much on companies, it is also very true that making them by hand (with mine), will not be too like the pre-cut but it is something that I have better and only practicing is achieved ....

I already commented to you long ago Andy in this way the discolorations of the paintings can be imitated very easily if I remember correctly was in the GB to mount the ca-12 boomerang.

thanks friend.
now, between yesterday afternoon and this morning I have it already for the decals, it is drying the shiny wax to give the decals.

I put the photos yesterday and this morning

29.jpg

30.jpg
31.jpg

34.jpg

35.jpg

36.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

33.jpg

As you can appreciate between the previous photos and these colors are more defined and the bottom is less noticeable although the color looks equally worn, I did it by painting 90% distraction, and giving normal pressure under 0.9 bar or 13.02 psi, first one color and then another covering with masks the colors, taking advantage of the paper to draw for illustrations in airbrushing that gave me that is great is porous on the outside and inside is very dense so the paint stays inside the plastic and does not drip down what you can throw without worrying about accumulations.
this morning after leaving the kids at school I gave the klear to the whole plane and let it dry 2 days to give it the wax of the green forest we have here in Spain

39.jpg

404.jpg

the painting looks that it has been great neither very destroyed nor whole it seems to me that it has been well, what do you think?

Thanks, thanks and more thanks that you like is an honor ...
this afternoon I will be ready to start aging the decals and start finishing it. I'm slower than I would like but I have to share the time with the field and the renovations of the house but it is almost all this year, and only will remain the plastic until spring this Saturday last day of work that is not my plastics .....
later I put the photos

the pics

41.jpg

42.jpg

43.jpg

46.jpg

44.jpg

45.jpg
47.jpg

48.jpg

with artificial light colors as always vary so that the effects of paneling and leakage of fluids or burned out as to radiator outlets are not well appreciated, but......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back