**** DONE: GB-44 1/48 A-10 Thunderbolt II - Military A/C of post-war time

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wayne Little

Staff
Mod
Oct 7, 2006
Adelaide Sth. Aust.
Username : Wayne Little
First name : Wayne
Category : Judge – Non competing
Scale : 1/48
Manufacturer / Model : Hobby Boss A-10 "Thunderbolt" II
Extras : Eduard Cockpit Set and Canopy masks.
1/48 Decal Sheet - War Weary Warthogs Reid Air Publications/ Speed Hunter Graphics

The Subject for this GB will be the A-10 Thunderbolt 83-0983 from the 354th Fighter Squadron, 355th Fighter Wing based at Incirlik Air Base, Turkey, in June 2017 at the end of a 6 month deployment, after flying missions into Syria and Iraq.
These A-10's have been most active during their time in Turkey racking up huge mission tallies which are marked on the Starboard nose.
Hobby Boss A-10.jpg
A-10 983_Artwork_4009.jpg

So i had a bit of time on Saturday while the Boss lady was shopping, and started removing stuff from the Sprues and quick smart I had the Starboard wing assembled, as i didn't have my camera or space (in the Car) I took pics of the other wing components today, so you get the picture....of parts and Assembly.
1_Stbd Upper Wing_4014.jpg
2_Stbd Lower Wing_4015.jpg
3_Stbd Flaps & Aileron Parts_4017.jpg
4_Port Wing Assy_4022.jpg
5_Port Wing Assy_4027.jpg
6_Port Wing Assy_4030.jpg

Here is a close up shot of this year's A-10 (81-0980)demo bird showing an impressive mission tally. No doubt from the same theater of operations as your bird.

4K5A6263.JPG

Thanks Guys, spent an hour on the GAU-8 Gatling Gun Assembly today with the hope of maybe displaying it separately, but the way its laid out that's not gonna work for me so will just put it together and insert the damn thing as it's supported in the fuselage....won't see much at all anyway.....will be more annoyed if I use up a couple of hours and I'm not happy with the result.....

Thanks Guys, putting the engine components together now, bit of stretched sprue in the inner surface of the rear ends of the outlets so the ugly seams aren't visible. Scrapping and sanding the ejector pin marks on those inner surfaces as well...
Also added some plasticard pieces to the inner engine side areas to cover the rather large gap that was visible in there as well....and then further scrapping and sanding to smooth those surface areas that will be visible.
11_Engine Assy_4092.jpg
12_Engine assy_4094.jpg
13_Engine Assy_4095.jpg
14_Engine assy_4098.jpg
15_Engine Assy_4100.jpg
16_Engine Assy_4102.jpg
17_Engine Assy_4109.jpg

Great work Wayne :thumbup: I don't have much experience of Hobbyboss kits but this one looks good in your photos. I have the old Monogram tooling in the stash, so i will watch this progress with interest.

Cheers Greg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back