**** DONE: GB-44 1/48 F-5E - Military A/C of post-war time

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks, and yes, a bit odd. Even if they're supposed to sit partly inside the leg bay, they'd still be a tad too long, but they're designed to be level with the underside of the wing, with a pin locating into the leg.
Dislodged the starboard missile, so have to b*gger about re-fitting that, before doing the antennae and canopy. The pain and swelling in my wrist is very slowly easing, so i might get some work done later tonight.

Pain and swelling back with a vengeance - no sleep last night, and feeling rather fragile and knackered. Bl**dy sick of this, but hope to get back to the model soon.

Not yet, but working on it still. Contacted my GP surgery and explained the situation, so waiting to hear if a prescription can be organised and delivered
Meanwhile, I'm having to buy much less effective paracetamol and / or ibuprofen, but most shops are out of stock, as people are buying them in the hope of preventing Covid !!!

Me too - getting p*ssed off with the pain, and not being able to get any modelling done, or anything else for that matter !

Although still tender and slightly painful, the stiffness in my wrists has eased off a little, allowing me to get some more work done on this model.
Almost finished, with the underside VHF blade antenna fitted, made from shaped plastic card, and a small 'T' antenna, which I think is for the radio altimeter made from stretched sprue also attached, along with the Angle of Attack probe, again from stretched sprue, on the starboard side of the nose. The latter has yst to be trimmed, and the underside antennae are yet to be painted, along with some touch-up work here and there.

Rear view mirrors have been made and attached to the canopy rim, using Humbrol Clear Fix. These were cut and shaped from clear sheet and attached and allowed to set, before painting the outer, front side with a chrome pen. When dry, the chrome was then painted over in matt black, but still needs a further coat.
The 'mirrors' are far from perfect, but passable enough, once the canopy is in place.
The pics below show the bits and pieces, and how the model looks so far. Note that the canopy is only loosely placed in position, and will be properly positioned and attached, hopefully some time tomorrow.
All being well, I hope to complete this tomorrow, and get the 'Finished' photos done, and the final posts up.

DSCF3955.JPG
DSCF3956.JPG
DSCF3957.JPG
DSCF3962.JPG
DSCF3963.JPG
DSCF3967.JPG

Thanks very much chaps.
Just about to to the final work, and I might have the 'Finished' thread done later tonight, if not, then some time tomorrow.

Done.

Small details painted, canopy cemented in place, and boarding ladder assembled and painted.
I'll get the 'Finished' pics done tomorrow, and post the 'Finished' thread. Thanks to all who looked in and offered encouragement etc.

DSCF3977.JPG
DSCF3976.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back