**** DONE: GB-45 1/48 Bf 109G-6 (2) - BoB/Foreign Service

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I have decals coming in tomorrow for this build. I have both the original G-6 and the re tooled late by Eduard. I am choosing to use the late kit as there is at least one subject in the decals with the single wooden rudder, or "late" model G-6. I haven't truly decided which I'll go for but I want the option. The late kit gives you both options.
Pictures below are from Eduard 82111 1/48 Bf 109G-6 Late Kit First Look

Thanks all, I'm going to try and do a good comparison between the two kits. This is supposed to be a really nice kit. Here are the options for what I have chosen in the decals. A closer look if you will. Everyone was calling for the "Green" earlier, and I like it from a painting point of view, but sadly, it is out of scope for this build as it is post war. So maybe in a distant future build, who knows. Number two on the right is the late version G-6, again as with the other, I'd like some conformation first if I can get it!

I am illiterate of this language and can't read it, please explain as it looks like it may be of some interest.

The translation is ...

MT-459 Werk Nummer 164992 , 26.6 1944 - delivered, to FAF. 26.6 1044 sent to 1/HLeLv 34 for Second Lieutenant K. Joutseno. 4.12.1944 passed to HLeLv 33. 14.9 1950 overheated engine in flight , Sgt. A.Rosenlof bailed out but was injured. The total time of flying 139h 00 min. 1.10. 1952 - removed. On the plane was scored 1 victory while servicing in HLeLv 34.

Ok so I'm starting and moving along as I'm waiting on paint for the other build (expecting tomorrow) I haven't been taking a lot of progress pics and updating, for this I'm sorry but been a bit behind the curve on several other things. Any way it on it starting rungs.

Users who are viewing this thread