**** DONE: GB-45 1/48 Bf 109G-6 (2) - BoB/Foreign Service

This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules


1st Lieutenant
Feb 23, 2014
Katy Texas
Been having some canopy/windscreen issues on this ol bugger. I have had issues putting in the armor plating behind the pilot and making it stick. Then with the canopy in place the windscreen will not fit or vice a versa. Lots pf fun! So after the hundredth time of trying to get the armor in and making it stay, I used Same Stuff (Pro Weld replacement from Micro Mart). Worked great but I ended up with a 47 point match thumbprint on the side of the canopy, Oh GREAT! Well I should have saved pictures but you guys would have used it against me in a court of law, I'm sure! So anyway I got out the ol sanding sticks and went to town digging out the scare and trying to clean it up. Never done this before but what the hay, right. I sanded and sanded with a 180 then a 280 and finished up with a 6000 grit. then dipped it pledge (future) floor wax. Maybe I could have got it better but it may have been a little to clear as I was thinning it out mostly by then. I mated the canopy and then went to work on the wind screen. I filed front and back till it fit. Seems I over filed at the front lower sections but I'll try and fix that with maybe some white glue or putty as it's not glass down there. we'll see.


Users who are viewing this thread