**** DONE: GB-45 1/48 Bf 109G-6 (2) - BoB/Foreign Service (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Been having some canopy/windscreen issues on this ol bugger. I have had issues putting in the armor plating behind the pilot and making it stick. Then with the canopy in place the windscreen will not fit or vice a versa. Lots pf fun! So after the hundredth time of trying to get the armor in and making it stay, I used Same Stuff (Pro Weld replacement from Micro Mart). Worked great but I ended up with a 47 point match thumbprint on the side of the canopy, Oh GREAT! Well I should have saved pictures but you guys would have used it against me in a court of law, I'm sure! So anyway I got out the ol sanding sticks and went to town digging out the scare and trying to clean it up. Never done this before but what the hay, right. I sanded and sanded with a 180 then a 280 and finished up with a 6000 grit. then dipped it pledge (future) floor wax. Maybe I could have got it better but it may have been a little to clear as I was thinning it out mostly by then. I mated the canopy and then went to work on the wind screen. I filed front and back till it fit. Seems I over filed at the front lower sections but I'll try and fix that with maybe some white glue or putty as it's not glass down there. we'll see.

20200516_090317.jpg
11111.jpg
11112.jpg
11113.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back