**** DONE: GB-45 1:48 Slovakian Bf 109G-6 - BoB/Foreign Service (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looks real nice now, definitely different.

We're OK here, I haven't heard about anyone having it in Nanton, but we've been minding our P's and Q's as are most around here. I would be more at risk from a co worker then anyone in the plant and so far no one in our company has it, but I'm off for a couple of weeks at least so all is good but for the pay check......

I really like those markings, Geo. Very different, but slick. Lovely job so far.

Thanks all. Wheels done with Tamiya X18 - Semi-Gloss Black for the hubs, XF69 - Nato Black for the rubber and dry-brushed with XF63 - German Grey

IMG_0009.JPG

An attempt at exhaust stains, a struggle with Tamiya Smoke. The stains should go farther back but I quit while I was ahead.

IMG_0010.JPG

IMG_0011.JPG

Looks good Geo and yes, you don't want to muck it up at this stage. With very thin paint (70% thinner), low pressure, and a bit of a what-the-hell attitude, you can get away with it though. Start close in an then move the brush away from the model as you move it back. Try it on a hack.

17120316.jpg

Thanks guys. One of the problems I had was that I've only sprayed gloss paint once before and it was the same as this; as soon as I start spraying, the shine looks like the paint was pooling up so it kinda spooked me

Looks good Geo,

I use just a drop of Tamiya Matt Black in a pile of thinner with a couple of drops of Matt Clear to sort of tack it in place, I don't have a ratio off hand but it's reall really thinned so it takes quite a few passes to build it up, probably thinner then 70%, but what ever works is good.

Just a what-if here. The bottle of Tamiya Smoke is half full, one of my 3000 bottles of Flat Clear is half full, if I combine them do you think that would flatten the shine? Just adding a half dozen breaky-offy bits and she's done. Attached the landing gear covers last night and was super impressed. Usually this is a struggle for me. The two attachment points are about 2mm x 1 mm and a nub that's about 1mm. The covers snapped into place during a test fit and required a wee bit of effort to remove so that I could add glue and permanently attach them

That should probably work Geo, although I think I would only mix it as required, just in case it 'goes off' after a while.
Try a test first, mixing small, equal amounts of each. You may find that you might need less of the flat clear.

Thanks Terry, will do. I've really only got three bottles of Flat but all three seem to be more semi-flat. I have to keep checking to make sure I haven't used the "Semi-flat" bottle after I've applied it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back