**** DONE: GB-48 1:48 TBM-3 Avenger - Carrier & Maritime Patrol A/C of WWII (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Grant

That looks like the camera in the AM F-6 and 6A. I hadn't thought they looked right but who am I.
I do have that kit Don. I'll check it out. This is from the instructions...

1605918311252.png

Finally got some glue on. Though the Academy instructions are supposed to be better than the original A.M. ones, they still need to be studied. 1) The bomb bay frame work has a bit of detail not shown in the instructions. I went back to Andy's build to make sure I was right. 2) The cockpit floor, when mounted to the fuselage side, is guided into place via a few lugs. Now 99% of the time these go under the floor. A bit of fiddling shows they go above the floor. 3) The reason for the tape. The bulkhead behind the pilot will slot into the fuselage this is so to make sure it lined up. Just trying to figure out a cockpit paint sequence at the moment.

IMG_0001.JPG

Last bit of camera drama...I hope. On the left is the spares foundling and on the right are the parts from the A.M. F-6B kit. Neither seems to be the right size

IMG_0004.JPG

Good start Geo. I don't think I can help much more with the camera other than to suggest scaling to known objects in the photos and scratch building as necessary.

Yep, assuming that they moulded the stubs the right length. Another check would be against the Yagi antenna supports which are included in your kit. The first pic that Dana posted makes for a good comparison.

Right. I went down and measured the antenna post and it was just over 11mm. On a whim I measured the F-6 camera....5 x 3ish x 6. Good enough for me. I also noticed that my aircraft isn't carrying Yagi antenna. Censored or not installed?

Still finding things I can attach before painting. Following the instructions for the turret innards was awkward to say the least so using Andy's build and the Wayback Machine, I think I have it. Going through other builds the tank shown below and marked with a "?". I've seen Yellow, Red, Blue and Silver. Any thoughts?

1606075896560.png

Don't remember why I chose silver for that part. It's supposed to be an oxygen bottle and I know British ones were black but I don't know what American ones were.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back