**** DONE: GB-48 1:48 TBM-3 Avenger - Carrier & Maritime Patrol A/C of WWII (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you. I looked around and didn't have a darker grey enamel paint so I thought I would test drive the brown over the grey on the horizontal stabs. Instead of waiting the usual 20 minutes to remove the panel liner, I removed it immediately. This worked out better than expected. The liner is a tad darker than I wanted but the removal of the excess is far easier than when its dry and still leaves as much in the panel lines and rivets. This is now my preferred method and is way faster. Packing for another week in PG so nothing to show

Thanks all. Just the prop and antennae to add and done. You can just make out the strike camera, the mounts a right pain in the keester to line up. Finals shortly

IMG_0001.JPG

I did not know of your health issues until I caught up on this build today. Hang in there George, were all pulling for you. This last year has really sucked.

I love what you've invented to tame the Academy decals. My theory is that the culprit is the ink they use. The clear parts seem to go on fine. One color of ink is tougher but Solv-Set somewhat works. More than 2 layres/colors of ink and it's hopeless. Until your hot paper towel method that is. I will be using it for sure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back