**** DONE: GB-48 1/72 B-17 Mk.1 - Carrier & Maritime Patrol A/C of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Might already be too late Jeff, but the interior of most of those early B-17's were not painted but left bare aluminum
Not too late. I have not had time to sit at the table for some time. Fuselage halves are still not joined so I will correct things soon.

Thanks a ton for the info.

Jeff

Corrections have been made to the interior colour.

20210103_190255.jpg

I am treating each wing as a separate model. Seeing as I do not have to blend camo pattern from fuselage to wing because of where the demarcation line is, I can build each wing as a separate unit. I have started on the port wing. Colour may look a bit off because of the crappy lighting.
20210103_190220.jpg

Black de-icing boots to be added still as well as nacelles etc.

Bottom of wing will be tackled next time at the bench.

Cheers.

Atta boy!
Did not know Coastal Command used them for patrol!
Learn one new thing each day!

Another bit of an update on my Coastal Command B-17.

Engine nacelles have been attached, propellers painted as well as tires painted and assembled. Hubs will be done next time at the bench. Slow progress as I am also scanning thousands of pre digital photographs so I can save the images digitally.

I will get this one done on time.
20210119_150522.jpg

20210119_150453.jpg

20210119_150419.jpg

20210119_150337.jpg

There will be a few adjustments and touch ups to the camo pattern now that the engines have been attached.

Next time.to the bench will be to paint the bottom of the wings and the horizontal tail surfaces. Then paint the rubber deicing boots, attach the superchargers and tires and decals.

Cheers

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back