**** DONE: GB-48 1:72 Heinkel 115 C-1 - Carrier & Maritime Patrol A/C of WWII (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Last pic in your post #13 might show the upward hump through the window.

I think you hit the MEK on the lid ! Makes more sense that way. I guess I was too focused on the PE instructions and the assembled pictures I found on line I over looked the fact that indeed, The picture of the real deal is not upside down. Never noticed the seat back !

You've been sniffing that MEK too long. Glad you have it sorted.

Probably ! and a little scotch. Here is a picture of a completed set I found on line.

pe4r.jpg

The end of the PE challenge. Some of the little bits are so tiny I thought I would go blind bending them and gluing them in place. It's all done and I think it's fairly accurate so now it's time to close up the fuselage. I sprayed the interior with Model Master enamel RLM 02. It looks kind of grey in the pictures. I also added some bits of wire and some PE belts on the front and rear seats. The cushions are bits of cardboard.

He-115 (15)r.jpg

He-115 (16)r.jpg

He-115 (17)r.jpg

Happy New year first of all. Plugging away on the Heinkel. The engines lacked cylinder heads do to how the kit designed them to be installed in the cowling. I hogged out the inside of the cowlings and added cylinder heads to the engines. They fit a bit better now with no gaps. I also made copies of them to use in a vacuform Arado 232 if I ever get to it, (never done a vacuform kit ). The float struts had lots of sink marks to fill and sand. I also hogged out the oil coolers and added pieces of screen. There is also no provision for any exhaust so I cut out some slots for pipes. I had thought this was a re-boxing of the old Matchbox kit but it is clearly not. The Matchbox kit was a lot nicer. I believe this is a re-boxing of a FROG kit because it is typically "Frog like" detail wise. Well here's a bunch of pictures of the progress so far.

He-115 (19)r.jpg

He-115 (20)r.jpg

He-115 (21)r.jpg

He-115 (23)r.jpg

He-115 (24)r.jpg

He-115 (25)r.jpg

He-115 (26)r.jpg

He-115 (27)r.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back