**** DONE: GB-48 1/72 S.M.79 - Carrier & Maritime Patrol A/C of WWII (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Given the top surfaces a couple of coats of Humbrol Clear gloss ready for the transfers. Unfortunately my modelling room is stone cold at the moment and the Clear is staying tacky. I would move it to a warm room but then humans wouldn't be able to resist the urge to pick and poke at it and the feline might decide to knock it down.
16120198791617387358646145571638.jpg

Given the top surfaces a couple of coats of Humbrol Clear gloss ready for the transfers. Unfortunately my modelling room is stone cold at the moment and the Clear is staying tacky. I would move it to a warm room but then humans wouldn't be able to resist the urge to pick and poke at it and the feline might decide to knock it down.View attachment 610750
Might decide to knock it down?

Looks good from here. I hardly ever bother with fuselage band decals. Masking and painting is usually easier for me.

I was in two minds wether to mask and paint the band or go for the transfers. I decided to go with the transfers as I haven't had much success with them in the past and I wanted to try again.

So far I think I see some masking tape in my future the underlying camouflage is showing through. I will leave it tonight and decide tomorrow.

That came off surprisingly easy. I painted the decal with a couple of coats of DecalFix and then worked at a corner with a brush till I had peeled off enough to get my tweezers on. Then I carefully pulled the decal off like masking tape.
16121751123765837554837984030416.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back