**** DONE: GB-48 1/72 S.M.79 - Carrier & Maritime Patrol A/C of WWII (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Turned out well.
A little tip for when white is being a pain. Give two or more, slightly thinned coats of matt white, allowing each coat to dry before applying the next.
When fully dry, apply a finish coat of gloss white, and let this fully dry, before clear coating in the required finish.
This works fine with a brush, and should be even better if sprayed. Takes a little longer, but saves a lot of hassle and heartache.

Born to be wild!

More like
ssrco,classic_tee,flatlay,101010_01c5ca27c6,front,wide_portrait,750x1000.jpg

Slight problem the tail of the Torpedo is very close to the ground. I have the horrible feeling I fitted the tail wheel incorrectly. I thought it looked slightly odd when first dry fitting but I couldn't see any other way of attaching it. Me filing flats on the tyres hasnt helped.

Don't know how I've managed to miss this one up until now. You've done a wonderful job Stu. I have this kit in the stash and almost pulled it out for this group build. When I do decide to start in on it I'll be using this thread as a reference

Users who are viewing this thread

Back