**** DONE: GB-52 1:72 North American B-25J Mitchell - Heavy Hitters IV

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here's the result. Removed the horizontal frame section as that's not suppose to be there by taping off the area and using my hobby knife to scrape it away. I then sanded it with 600 grit sandpaper then 1000 then 2000 grit. After that I added a thing strip of plastic card along the bottom of the frame by cutting it, priming and painting it in the colour of frame then gluing it in place. I then applied some Tamiya polisihing compoound and buffed it up. Finally, i added the emergeny hatch handle frame or whatever that thing is called.

Luv the B-25 have built this kit by Hase was a joy no enhancements my eyes barely do 1/48 these days.This build will be a stunner!

If you want to be absolutely true to the original, there are two more "muntins" (frames) on the inside of the glazing only. Sometimes they were reinforced on the outside as well.

And here a scheme from a manual (Detail 2) and an inside view of the hatch with the latching mechanism:

Cheers!

Last edited:
Yes. I saw that in my references as well but at this point I am not going to do it since i don't trust myself to not mess it up which facing outward would show and wreck the canopy work.

I was doing some more looking and found this one. It's a B-25J with optional cockpit camera. Its from WW2 and looks like the forward top of the canopy is tinted.

View attachment 657409
There are dozens of photos from the same angle and the glazing is kind of darker. Don't forget that B-25 had shades on the inside there and when closed this area is pretty dark.
If you want to check for more, search for "B-25 noseart". Several photos in colour look greenish there.
Here's another factory photo (Kansas City plant) of B-25J with the tinted glazing:

Users who are viewing this thread