**** DONE: GB-52 1:72 North American B-25J Mitchell - Heavy Hitters IV

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Weekend Update.

She's coming together now. Wings and tail on and antiglare panels complete as well as the cockpit canopy which is just dry fitted. I also started weathering the wheels. Nose glazing almost complete but this will go on last. Next is the start of decaling.

20220220_115324x700.jpg

20220220_115233x700.jpg

20220220_115355x700.jpg

20220220_115507x700.jpg

Thanks Guys. I am thoroughly impressed with Eduard's new decals. Just look at this. I applied the decal without a gloss coat using Microset and Sol. Then waited 24 hours and used some masking tape which I applied and removed from the decal. After a few trys the carrier film bubbled up and I gently removed it with some tweezers. At first when I pulled the film away I thought oh no I wrecked the decal because the navy blue turned a greyish colour but that was just the film. The film came off very easily revealing what I consider the best decal I have every used. This national insignia looks painted on. WOW!

IMG_0300z700.png

Last edited:
Very cool. Just starting to read up on the new decals. Some aren't happy but most love them
I think some that may not be happy with them are trying to remove the film too early. While the decal may look dry it's probably not. Trying to peel off the carrier while the decal hasn't firmly set will take the decal with the film. Leave them for a minimum of the recommended 12 hours and you should be fine. I decaled one night then came back the next day and removed the film no problems. Make sure you use a cotton bud to press the decals and place and roll it across the decal to get the air out. They will conform better this way. You have to do this because the carrier film is quite thick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back