**** DONE: GB-55 1:48 Wellington Mk 1C - MTO III (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks gents.

We are on three legs and almost there.

20221128 1.JPG

20221128 2.JPG

20221128 3.JPG

20221128 4.JPG

All she needs now is a lot of dust, dirt, sand, oil and fuel spills and a few knocks and grazes. Maybe tomorrow if time permits as my poor old garden is looking neglected.
:D

My sincere thanks gentlemen.

Started on the dust down today, tipped a vacuum load of dust over it..............................just kidding, though I did give it a bit of a spray with a very thinned down Desert Yellow Matt (Humbrol 93). As for the trailing antenna, I may have a little light-up Christmas tree rigged up inside!!
20221129 1.JPG

20221129 2.JPG

A couple of nasty's cropped up today (Andy please note). The main wing clips are useless, they are supposed to clip the wing into place but do not, but then again I think you know this. Overnight one of the main wings came adrift and I had to use a lot more glue to hold it in place, it's the starboard wing and a good bit of it's gluing surface was removed by me, so maybe it is partly my fault. The other nasty is the whole fuselage seems to have a minor twist to it and has put the tail horizontal stabilizers slightly out of true, again could be my fault for hacking out a good part of the side fuselage walls. Too late to fix now so I will just have to run with it.
:D

Thanks for the note Vic. I knew about the clips on the wings not engaging and that is moot for me anyway given the butchery needed to get the wing angle of attack corrected. I've glued a rod through the fuselage to keep the walls from sagging due to the wing weight and foresee having to build additional glue surfaces and stiffening element. The kit's engineering is mediocre and you have done a great job with it. Hopefully I will find the time to get back to mine some day but my list of partially built kits continues to grow. My desire to join GBs hampers progress on my long-duration builds so I need to weigh my GB participation sometimes.

Thanks for the note Vic. I knew about the clips on the wings not engaging and that is moot for me anyway given the butchery needed to get the wing angle of attack corrected. I've glued a rod through the fuselage to keep the walls from sagging due to the wing weight and foresee having to build additional glue surfaces and stiffening element. The kit's engineering is mediocre and you have done a great job with it. Hopefully I will find the time to get back to mine some day but my list of partially built kits continues to grow. My desire to join GBs hampers progress on my long-duration builds so I need to weigh my GB participation sometimes.
Never thought of a support rod into the wing, must remember that if I see the whole thing sagging. It's also hard to take a step back from GB once your sucked in but sometimes needs must so you can catch up on yourself. Maybe you will just have to select a couple that don't inspire you as much and give them a miss.
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back